GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with Lowells SD - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Lowells SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Lowells SD

I came home from work yesterday and found a delivered by hand letter from Lowells.
    It says that he has been directed to serve me with a Statutory Demand under the insolvancy act of behalf of Lowell. That he had attended by address without meeting with me, and ssyas he will call again on the 2/12, which I wont be there either because I work full time, it also states if this is inconvenient I can arragne another appointment. However if I fail to keep the appointment they will serve the demand by posting it through my letter box, which will be classed as the day of service. It is also his duty to inform me that in the event of a Bankrupcy petition being present the court will be asked to trest such service as service of the emand on the debtor. I havent a clue what this means. I dont know which debt it refers to, and I am sure it is over six years old. I am a single mother, paying a mortgage however even though my ex doesnt contribute towards the mortgage he is still named on it. I have not slept a wink last night, and feel really sick. Please guys just tell me what to do, do I call them?
    Will I go bankrupt?

Re: Help with Lowells SD

Please try not to worry.

Someone who knows more about Statutory Demands will be along later.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Pixie, I am panicing, and wondering if I need to call this person who delivered this letter. I will try and calm down.

Comment

Don't call. Wait for help from here. It's obviously busier in the evenings.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya

First thing you need to do is to send this, prove it letter: ---> You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It

Whatever you do DO NOT SIGN IT in your usual signature, sign it sure, but do it in such a way that it is obviously not your normal one - that way if they cut n paste it then we'll have em for fraud

Stay calm, long way to go and if you suspect it's SB'd then you cannot ring them as you'll admit liability, so just stay calm and send the template above - in the meantime read this for guidance: ---> Use a statutory demand to recover a debt : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Don't forget to use Recorded Delivery to post the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Hiya

First thing you need to do is to send this, prove it letter: ---> You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It

Whatever you do DO NOT SIGN IT in your usual signature, sign it sure, but do it in such a way that it is obviously not your normal one - that way if they cut n paste it then we'll have em for fraud

Stay calm, long way to go and if you suspect it's SB'd then you cannot ring them as you'll admit liability, so just stay calm and send the template above - in the meantime read this for guidance: ---> Use a statutory demand to recover a debt : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits
              Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              Don't forget to use Recorded Delivery to post the letter.
              I would send it special delivery .....

Comment

Probably a good idea - though OP hasn't actually had the SD yet.

Comment

Working...
                X