GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script drydensfairfax contact - need some advice... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drydensfairfax contact - need some advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drydensfairfax contact - need some advice...

Hi All,

First off, I want to say that I'm delighted I found this site... After checking out other "similar" sites, AAD is in a different league! At last a forum where members want to help, providing concise advice tailored for each issue (rather than the usual "just bin the letter/ignore it" posts on other sites!).

I'm looking for some advice...

I had a call from my dad last night to tell me that someone from drydensfairfax solicitors had called and asked "May I ask who I am speaking to..." and my dad give the caller his name, he then asked to speak to me - my dad told him that I wasn't there at the moment. The caller said they will be sending a letter and to pass on a message that they had called. (fyi, I don't live at my parents address).

I know that many DCA's have ways of dredging/data mining for potential matches for the people they are looking for and use "spamming" communication techniques...
    I'm confused as to how this unsolicited call came about and how drydensfairfax have got hold of the address and phone number?
    Regarding the address:
    I haven't lived there for an extended period
    Have never applied for credit using the address
    Have never been on the electoral register
    The landline number isn't registered with my family surname, and isn't in the phonebook

Any ideas how they managed this?

Just so you know, I have no idea why they are looking for me....
    When the letter arrives at my parents address, what should I do? Send it back as "Not at this address"? Or do I open it?

Many thanks!
    N.

Re: drydensfairfax contact - need some advice...

Hi, welcome and thank you for your comments on AAD, we do are best to help people, make them feel welcome and do not pass judgement.

As for your problem, many names are linked through past associations and speculative letters and phone calls are made in the hope of a positive result. Do you have any debts that they could be chasing you for? If they send a letter you could open it to see what it says and ignore, then depending on what it say send the next ones back as not living here. I would suggest opening the letter then posting on here about what it says before taking any further action.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks for your reply....

The letter arrived this morning and my parents are bringing it round this afternoon - I'll open it and post the details...

Thanks again,

N.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelvin View Post
        Many thanks for your reply....

The letter arrived this morning and my parents are bringing it round this afternoon - I'll open it and post the details...

Thanks again,

N.

Hi,

Looks like this isn't something you guys can help with...

drydensfairfax have been instructed by HM Revenue And Customs to collect an outstanding Self Assessment Duty. As any duty "owed" to HMRC is classified as a Crown debt, there is no alternative but to pay up...

I reckon this relates to a self assessment I submitted prior to leaving the country for an extended period - most likely HMRC queried it and have been issuing fines for a few years. Crazy thing is that I have communicated with HMRC several times over the past few years, and this matter has never been brought up.

I have seven days from the 22nd October to pay £2400. I have checked the HMRC site and it confirms
        drydensfairfax are authorised debt collectors - Paying HMRC is a no-brainer, having to pay drydensfairfax fees on top is soul destroying!

Many thanks,

N.

Comment

Working...
        X