GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hoist/Robinson Way - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoist/Robinson Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist/Robinson Way

Hi All,

Having recently moved house I received a letter from a company called Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 and they the have appointed Robinson Way to collect an alleged debt of £994.68.

The only debt I can think it could be was for a personal loan way back in approximately 1997-1998 with the Yorkshire Bank. I think the original loan amount was for £2000.00 and I was paying the monthly amount until I was made redundant. To be honest I could not afford to keep up the repayments and just ignored the letters that got sent to my parents house. I'm not even sure when I made the last payment but its got to be at least 14 yeas ago if not longer.

I have checked my credit file on both Experian and Noodle no defaults are present. I have also checked the Trust Online and there are no CCJ's in my name.

Obviously I was a bit concerned and called both the NDL and CAB. They informed me that if I have not acknowledged the debt or paid anything towards the alleged debt then it would be statute barred and suggested that I send Robinson Way a statute barred letter template.

Even though I sent Robinson Way a statute barred letter. They sent one back requesting that need to fill in an income and expenditure form.I ignored this letter.

Yesterday I received a letter basically saying that I should contact them to arrange payment or they may pass it to Howard Cohen Solicitors.

Please could you advise me on the next best course of action to take?

Many thanks

Sinren
    Last edited by Sinren; 13 October 2015, 12:47.

Re: Hoist/Robinson Way

Just ignore them

If a claim does come let us know and we'll help you sort it.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum

Do you still have any of the old paperwork or letters for this knocking about in the back of a drawer etc?

Do you know when you last made payment on this? When were you made redundant? When did you move? ( Just trying to jog your memory)

Basically we need to establish if it was this loan whether it is Statute Barred by now or not.

You say you sent a Statute barred letter, Can I ask did you use a template letter and if so from where?

Failing that are there any clues on the Hoist paperwork? Sometimes they like to hide it away so have another thorough read.

Sorry for the questions......There are further steps such as a CCA request ( which will be the next step) but have a think about this loan first, One step at a time

I will check in with you later to get a better picture and no doubt others here will advise as well

If Robinson Way are starting to threaten the involvement of Howard Cohen Solicitors, Don't be too alarmed at this but it needs to be handled correctly. If I were you I would be sending a CCA request to Robinson Way to stop them in their tracks, Give you some protection and find out what we are dealing with.

With regard to Template letters, They are available all over the internet but the best ones ( In my opinion) are here on AAD. You would need to become a member of AAD+ to view/Use them.

Any issues post them up, There is always someone around to assist
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wow you guys are quick!!

Ok I will ignore them.

Thanks Niddy

Comment

Hi Spud,

Do you still have any of the old paperwork or letters for this knocking about in the back of a drawer etc? No nothing.

Do you know when you last made payment on this? ​Its no later than 2000 but not 100% sure on the month. When were you made redundant? When did you move? April 2003 ( Just trying to jog your memory)

Basically we need to establish if it was this loan whether it is Statute Barred by now or not.

You say you sent a Statute barred letter, Can I ask did you use a template letter and if so from where? NDL

Failing that are there any clues on the Hoist paperwork? Sometimes they like to hide it away so have another thorough read. Hoist/Robinson Way have not even told me who the OC is. So I'm only guessing its Yorkshire Bank. Apart from a mortgage which is up to date that's the only personal loan i have ever had.

Sorry for the questions......There are further steps such as a CCA request ( which will be the next step) but have a think about this loan first, One step at a time

I will check in with you later to get a better picture and no doubt others here will advise as well

Comment

See this - might explain the random letter --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...oist-Portfolio
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Given the dates and the fact that you have no other debts you are well into SB land so as others have said, Ignore and see if they chase again/See what comes next.

Even the biggest, baddest solicitor in the land cannot do anything with that one !!!!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the advice it's appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                X