GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script letter from lowell re CCA request - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

letter from lowell re CCA request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letter from lowell re CCA request

We sent out a number of CCA requests last month, and 5 went to Lowell. They have responded to 4 with the usual "we have forwarded to the originator" but one letter has come back saying;

"We refer to your recent request for CCA.......please be advised, however, that the account was repaid in 2012 and S77 (3A) states that we do not need to comply with your request where no sums of money are owed on the account......we have requested our finance department to refund your overpayment.........."

So my partner has been paying this since 2012 not knowing that it had been satisfied, and they kept taking the payment via DD from the bank. Are they obliged to provide me a full statement of account if i send them a DSARS?

Regards

Brummie.

Re: letter from lowell re CCA request

Hi Brummie,
    Who actually owned the account in 2012 when it was repaid> Lowells or the original company?
    If you DSAR Lowells they are only required to send you any data THEY hold on you, nothing before that.

Elsa x

Comment

Hi Elsa

Lowells have owned these accounts since well before 2012, probably back to 2007 when Nikki went to CAB and was advised to make token payments. On reflection, it might be our worth to just forget about it for now and not cash the cheque for the refund, as we are challenging CCA'S on other accounts with them. But it just goes to show their responsibilities diminish when it comes to monitoring such accounts and informing people. They soon flag up when you miss a payment....

Comment

They have to treat each account separately, so please do not think you cant cash the cheque If you are going down the UE route with the other accounts. It does not affect another account. They are all separate issues.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Then maybe i should ask them for a statutory 8% interest on the repayment amount dated back to october 2012?

Comment

Yes I think you should. Infact there may be more to add. Di30 is the person you should speak to. I will give her a nudge to your thread.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you SXGuy for pm. :-)

Brummie, personally I would be requesting for the 8% stat interest, I would have thought this to have been standard.

For each account they refund on you are entitled to request for a copy of the breakdown with dates and to show how they worked it out for the refund, and yes do ask for the 8% to be backdated, any problem let us know.

Good luck.

Comment

Brill....thanks Di. Will pen a letter. Is there any statute that quotes they should provide a breakdown?

Comment

Don't worry about that for now. Just say "as is my right, I request a full breakdown of calculations"

Comment

Working...
                  X