GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lewis Group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lewis Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis Group

Just a quick question if I may.

They (Lewis/CL/Cohen) got a CCJ against me in 2011 which I've been paying monthly. Fell behind last year and when I went to pay online via their "icanpayu" site I was locked out so had to phone them. Following a grilling about I&E I got up to date and payments since have been again made via the website and are up to date.
    Tonight I went to pay and the site wouldn't accept my details to log in, these are just their ref no and post code and I'm pretty certain I didn't make a mistake but I'm locked out again and it's given me a number to call. I'm thinking that it's a year since I spoke to them so this is their sneaky way of getting me to ring so I can be grilled about I&E again.
    I really haven't got time tomorrow to sit on the phone for ages going through all that so my question is as I have a CCJ against me ordering £x p/m do they have the right to ask me every year about my circumstances or can I just state nothings changed (which it hasn't ) and demand access to the website be re-opened so I can pay ?

Thx

Re: Lewis Group

Send a postal order or write asking for their bank details to set up a standing order.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Send a postal order or write asking for their bank details to set up a standing order.
      Hi Niddy,
      Thx, I'll write to them for bank details for a standing order, but as payment is due today I'm going to have to ring them tomorrow to pay and just wondered if they have the right to ask me for I&E or I can tell them to whistle dixie

Comment

No you don't have to ring. As I say write and say as it's their fault you'll pay double next month via SO when they provide their banking details.

Don't worry.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          No you don't have to ring. As I say write and say as it's their fault you'll pay double next month via SO when they provide their banking details.

Don't worry.
          Have you seen my user name haha

I've just asked for their bank details via their online contact form so let's see how quick they come back. I've taken a screen shot for proof.

Cheers

Comment

Excellent. Well done

Comment

Didn't hear anything back to my response for bank details but I have rec'd a letter today stating that CL (part of the lewis group) have assigned all the rights, obligations and benefits assoc with the a/c to Hoists Portfolio Holding Ltd to whom all monies are now due.

Cohen has been instructed to assist with recovery and all payments correspondance must be sent to RobWay.

Suits me because RobWay have actually provided bank details so will save me having to phone, but just making sure this is legit.

It's the second a/c Hoists have taken from CL in recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by lookingforward View Post
                Didn't hear anything back to my response for bank details but I have rec'd a letter today stating that CL (part of the lewis group) have assigned all the rights, obligations and benefits assoc with the a/c to Hoists Portfolio Holding Ltd to whom all monies are now due.

Cohen has been instructed to assist with recovery and all payments correspondance must be sent to RobWay.

Suits me because RobWay have actually provided bank details so will save me having to phone, but just making sure this is legit.

It's the second a/c Hoists have taken from CL in recent times.
                Me too.

Comment

I don't think that the Lewis Group exists any more. Have a read of this

Lewis Group were managing a CCJ of mine but that has now been passed to Robinson Way (now a subsidiary of Hoist) to collect with Howard Cohen "assisting". Presumably HC is now also part of Hoist Kredit. Howard Cohen were the solicitors who got the CCJ against me.

I've only made one payment to them and I made it online...no way are they having a direct debit!
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                    I don't think that the Lewis Group exists any more. Have a read of this

Lewis Group were managing a CCJ of mine but that has now been passed to Robinson Way (now a subsidiary of Hoist) to collect with Howard Cohen "assisting". Presumably HC is now also part of Hoist Kredit. Howard Cohen were the solicitors who got the CCJ against me.

I've only made one payment to them and I made it online...no way are they having a direct debit!
                    Yeah Cohen with me too. Okey dokey I'll pay robway by direct bank payment.

Thanks

Comment

They are all the same company as Pixie says.

The one silver lining to this story is CL Finance and Lewis staff are just about or are having one of those life events which leads many people to end up with unmanageable debts.

Hope they find their creditors as understanding as they werent.

Comment

They are horrid. Chased me to Summary Judgement, but failed to turn up, and never heard from them again.

Comment

Agree with you both, CL when I had to speak to them were terrible

Comment

Working...
                          X