GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script text message from cabot - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

text message from cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text message from cabot

I received a text message from Cabot it said my name and asked me to contact them urgently with a reference number .

I am ignoring it but it annoys me that they have found my number and are harassing me , i can do without these muppets texting me i have my mobile to stay in touch with my parents as they are both ill

Re: text message from cabot

If you have a smartphone there are a couple of apps that you can use to block calls & texts from specific numbers. You can also set them to reject calls and texts from anyone who isn't in your contact list.

I have an Android phone and use Extreme Call Blocker but numerous others are available for many types of device.

In these days of spam texts and nuisance calls I'd say apps like this are highly justified and pretty much essential...

Comment

Hi S2M,

Totally hear where you are coming from on this. If you are on Android mate; as Trumpet has already pointed out there are loads of apps to block these clowns (if that's what you want). If iphone, last time i looked not much unless you jail broken.

This is assuming you have a smart phone. If not, just delete on arrival!

Cheers

SA
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Next time they contact you, tell them they have the wrong person, as you have just been given this new mobile number and sadly you are unable to help!

Comment

I got a similar one from capquest today.

Dibs - as it's a text you can't tell them it's not you as you can't reply to the text. I know, I tried!
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's frustrating!

Comment

Got another one today...still not going to contact them!

Comment

You could always use another Sim Card and just give the number to relatives and trusted friends.

Comment

I get them too. I save and log them to prove the harassment, should it be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    You could always use another Sim Card and just give the number to relatives and trusted friends.
                    It's only one text a day at the moment PF...I can cope with that.

I don't really want to change my number because I've had it close on 15 years.

Comment

A phone call today...using a mobile number hoping that I wouldn't suspect but I don't answer calls from numbers I don't know so it didn't work. I'm keeping note and, if the calls get more frequent, they'll be getting the telephone harassment letter.

Comment

I just had another text message saying urgently need to contact them and quoting a ref number they gave me/

I have been getting calls from the too pestering me often , i answered each one and just left the phone and they put the phone down

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                          I just had another text message saying urgently need to contact them and quoting a ref number they gave me/

I have been getting calls from the too pestering me often , i answered each one and just left the phone and they put the phone down
                          its a nuisance although hopefully they will get fed up soon S2M.

All the best
                          SA Gold
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
                          X