GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Requesting CCA and follow up - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Requesting CCA and follow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting CCA and follow up

Hi all, Sorry to ask what appear to be obvious questions but I am relatively inexperienced in these matters. Had some dialoguw with the DCA (in writing only of course!). Supplied some income and expediture details to prove my restricted income, and because I hate the stress of these matters a F&F of 20% of the outstanding sum together with the normal cautions, i.e. no forwarding of remaining debt to any other company, a letter agreeing to the F&F , CRA file etc. They came back saying 50% was the minimum their client would accept, I upped my offer to 25% stating that was all I could offer without affecting my income. They came back at this point parrot fashion saying no less than 50% blah blah blah. At this point I became fed up with them and asked for a CCA using the letter off the forum, they acknowledged this and forwarded to their client. I have in the interim agreed (foolishly?) to a monthly payment of £50 but I sent this together with a 'without predujice' letter stating that I did not as yet acknowledge the debt and the payment was a sign of good faith only. Can someone tell me whether the response time is 12 + 2 working days or 12 + 2 actual days. I have looked at the templates for response, but which one do I send if I have no response rather than a partial response?. Also with the follow up letter how much time do they get to respond?, is it another 12 + 2 days?. Also if they cant find any documents are they likely to be more ameniable to a reduce F&F, or do I tell them to go away and not bother me?. Thanks in advance for any help

Re: Requesting CCA and follow up

Hi

Welcome to AAD

What DCA are you dealing with here and who was the original OC?

Unfortunately as long as you are paying the scum they will take very little notice of your CCA, why would they?

How much is the original debt and how old?

Comment

It is 12+2 working days.

Any follow up letter you may decide to send it just an informal reminder, so it doesn't give them any extra time to reply to your request. The original 12 + 2 from your original still applies, after which the account is not enforceable against you until such time as they do comply with the original CCA request.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

NB

have you received any paperwork from any one that may be purporting to be a credit agreement?

Comment

Mrs D, no paperwork received as yet

Comment

mmm

if you seriously want them to accept a low F&F I would seriously consider stopping payment

that usually concentrates their minds a bit

these demands you are receiving sound like regular mailshots

when you've been making F&F offers have you been using our templates?

you should also read up about UE, as this was taken out before 2007

Unenforceability General Questions Answers - allaboutFORUMS

should help

I would also have a read at a couple of the diaries on here to get a feel for how it works, but you should seriously consider ceasing payment, I guarantee no one will come and repossess the wife and kids and and take your liver and lungs as surety

Comment

Working...
            X