GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Thames Credit? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thames Credit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thames Credit?

Are Thames Credit & Aktiv Kapital the same DCA?

Re: Thames Credit?

Doh! I didn't think to do that, not lazy, just dumb!
    I have been going through all the old paper work on my debts to take a fresh look and came across a fax that Thames Credit sent to a previous employer, to ask if I still worked there and if not, did they have a contact number for me, it was extremely embarrassing at the time. It's been AK chasing since then and I just noticed the Kent address.

Comment

Oh I also had fun with them but the moment I started to invoice THEM (for wasting my time) - they soon paid me and went away

See this for a wee chuckle ---> Niddy vs Aktiv Kapital - allaboutFORUMS

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by dibsthefrenchie View Post
        and came across a fax that Thames Credit sent to a previous employer, to ask if I still worked there and if not, did they have a contact number for me, it was extremely embarrassing at the time.
        Please tell me you're not being serious here?

When did they do this? Please confirm the date and whether you actually responded to them back then?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It's for real and is in regard to the M&S account that we are currently discussing.
          The fax went to my previous employer, small company of 14 staff, all good friends and I had remained a client of theirs, excruciating at the time!

It was in August 2007 after I had stopped paying, I did not reply directly to the fax, instead I made a complaint to the Local Trading Standards Service.

I then followed that up with a phone call to Thames and was told by a member of staff, I do have his name, that the debt was now written off, clearly not!

The debt has now risen greatly and is being chased by Equidebt for AK, but I simply had not made the connection until I looked at all the paperwork and noticed the address!

Such lovely people to deal with and they follow all the regulations to the letter, absolute b's!

Comment

Just ignore them; seriously don't let it get you down.

As it was 2007 and you never went to the FOS you're unable to act on it now unfortunately, I was hoping you'd say it was more recent.

So is it SB'd in 2013 then, assuming that you stopped paying in 07?

Comment

This is the Equidebt one that are chasing a M&S account for AK, I stopped paying late 2006 and has 4 months to go before sb'd, fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by dibsthefrenchie View Post
                This is the Equidebt one that are chasing a M&S account for AK, I stopped paying late 2006 and has 4 months to go before sb'd, fingers crossed!
                ahhh you'll be fine.....

Comment

Positive as always, thanks Niddy

Comment

Working...
                  X