GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit File Clean-up - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit File Clean-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit File Clean-up

We now have the files from both Experian and Equifax (we haven't bothered with Call Credit at this stage) for my OH so the cleanup can begin. To be honest, it's not going to be a big job as both his major creditors show as defaulted prior to his bankruptcy although neither of them is showing as settled or satisfied in any way so we have to address that issue.

I have a couple of queries that you may be able to help me with so that we can get all letters sent off at the same time.

1. As we don't need or want to mess with the default dates, I presume I can take that sentence/paragraph out of the template letter and just request the account to be marked as satisfied? Is there anything else I need to be aware of and/or remove if I remove that request?

2. There is an incorrect address shown on both files. It has come from one creditor (Lloyds) and it appears to have been an administrative error when he moved in 2008 as it is similar just 4 digits lower. Should we bother getting this removed and, if so, to whom should we make the request? Lloyds, I presume?

3. His Orange mobile phone account was included in the bankruptcy at the OR's insistence, even though the account was up to date and always serviced in line with the terms and conditions and the OH didn't want or need it included in the bankruptcy. At the time we spoke to Orange and asked whether they would allow the account to remain open or to transfer it to another account, as per the OR's suggestion, but Orange wouldn't play ball and terminated his account and we have a letter of termination to prove it. According to the CRA files, however, this account appears to still be active although there is no activity on it. How should we deal with this? Write to Orange and ask them to properly show the account as closed?

I think that's it for now.
    Thanks HH
    "Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest. It's about those who came and never left your side!"

Re: Credit File Clean-up

Hi HH and nice to see you

Sorry I'm in the process of doing all this myself so not a 100% sure tbh, hopefully Rizzle or Phil can advise further.

Best wishes
    If...x
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks for any help
      Last edited by HelpingHand; 6 December 2011, 22:48.
      "Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest. It's about those who came and never left your side!"

Comment

Hi, is anyone able to advise regarding my queries please?

Comment

Hi HelpingHand,

Sorry this is not my scene at all. I do know when CCA disputes are being dealt with its a hells own game to get CRFs sorted out. However as If says she is going through the process at the moment and rizzle and philnicandamy (site team and super moderator respectively) are probably the most knowledgable on this subject.

I will probably get into trouble here due to the chain of command here but perhaps a PM to phil might be of help asking him to take a look in at your thread here.

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Hi Garlok, thanks for your comments. I have exchanged pm's with Phil already on this matter and he said to give him a shout if I had any queries, but I thought I'd put it in the forum in case the answers could help anyone else. I'll pm him now. HH

Comment

1. Yep. Just remove that part of the request.

2. It's no big deal, but whoever notified the CRA of that address would be the ones to correct it.

3. Yes.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Garlok

We don't have a chain of command mate lol. All mods help but the colour & title determine what they can do, a super mod or site team are the same "grade of command"except if a super mod went bad etc then we have someone above them to ban and clean up so to speak

So yea, rizzle et al are the ones you go to if you need immediate action taken otherwise you can bug em all day long, no matter their title and if they can help they will do

Local mods is a new thing, you'll be more involved before you know it
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Garlok

We don't have a chain of command mate lol. All mods help but the colour & title determine what they can do, a super mod or site team are the same "grade of command"except if a super mod went bad etc then we have someone above them to ban and clean up so to speak

So yea, rizzle et al are the ones you go to if you need immediate action taken otherwise you can bug em all day long, no matter their title and if they can help they will do

Local mods is a new thing, you'll be more involved before you know it
                  Why do you think were coloured brown ? BOTTOM of the food chain
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, rizzle and Niddy.

Comment

Sent a PM helping hand..

Comment

Thanks Phil. I can get on with this now and I'll let you know how things progress.

Comment

Look forward to updates (and just shout if you need a hand)

Comment

Much appreciate your help and input with this Phil as it is out of my sphere of direct knowledge.

regards
                            Garlok

Comment

No worries Garlok as ever happy to help...was one of the reasons why Niddy kindly asked me to be on the team here

sadly gained quite a fair ammount of knowledge of bankruptcy in my 4+ years!!
                              Last edited by philnicandamy; 8 December 2011, 15:57.

Comment

Working...
                              X