GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st Credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Credit

Hi all

I thought I had sorted my credit file after a default from 1st Credit dated May 2008 dropped off two weeks ago ( thanks to some intervention from Niddy ! .

I have checked my Experian file today and the default is back on but in the name of CAI Finance Limited. I have never had any communication from this company and don't know who they are - my Experian file shows it was updated on 10th March 2013 which doesn't make sense as my file was clear on 17th March !

Further to this, I have just received an Experian alert that an entry is being added to my file from Webb Resolutions (1CL) in respect of the same account stating that the account is settled and was settled May 2008 ( default date ! )

Very confusing - does anyone have any idea what is going on ?

Rich

Re: 1st Credit

Think they may be a new trading name of 1st Credit?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yep CAI Finance is 1st.

Wait while the updates take effect. If you recall I did say at the time you told me it'd dropped off to apply for whatever you needed (credit wise) ASAP. - for that reason (ie incorrect feed/assignment/recourse etc could bring the entry back at purge feed date)...

Keep us updated when it settles itself down and you have the one correct entry showing.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy

Was hoping to apply for a mortgage but haven't quite got the deposit together yet !

Just curious about the Webb Resolution thing as they seem to be involved in mortgage debt from what I can find ?

Rich

Comment

Is that entry showing on your report?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Only as an alert not yet on the report - shows balance settled at the same date as default ie May 2008.

Very strange ?

Comment

Anyway, like I say keep an eye on your report and give it couple of weeks to settle then we'll review the info.

Thing is you don't have deposit yet and we can still try and haggle with 1st if necessary so chillax. It's not top of priorities really. Not till you have the necessary deposit plus some play funds to haggle.

We discussed this mate. Several times

Comment

Originally posted by Richard999 View Post
                Only as an alert not yet on the report - shows balance settled at the same date as default ie May 2008.

Very strange ?
                Not really. It could be assigned. 1st refused your offer so they may have sold it on cos they don't want the fight? Who knows.

As I say, forget it. No rush. We'll come to it once its all settled down and the bank holiday weekend passes. You may get letter of assignment next week. Just try and ignore it for a week or so.

Comment

You're right I will wait and see and update you.

Thanks again for your advice - always spot on !

Rich

Comment

Being honest mate, I'm too long in the tooth now. Thing is I see people here ranting and going off on a tangent regularly and really its the least of their worries.

They just need guiding back on the right track. Forget little errors that affect nothing. Play the game, fight on. There's a plan. There's always a plan. Then there's a back up plan. You'll be fine.

Bide your time. Forget your CRA for now. Get the deposit THEN we take the fight to the creditor and see what that does. Pointless fighting now when you're not even ready to take advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard999 View Post
                      Just curious about the Webb Resolution thing as they seem to be involved in mortgage debt from what I can find ?
                      Do you have a current mortgage problem with Webb Resolution?

Comment

Working...
                      X