GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCJ from Barclaycard now HFO Services - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCJ from Barclaycard now HFO Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ from Barclaycard now HFO Services

Hi all

I have HFO Services bugging me for a CCJ which they have against me for a Barclaycard debt. Debt was £ 600 CCJ for £ 1200 after costs interest etc. CCJ is dated Oct 2007 so drops off my file later this year which is one down others to go !

They have sent an AEO enquiry through the Court to my brothers company. I work there part time but not as an employee - I bill as a limited company and believe therefore I am not am employee ?

My question is if they have a CCJ against me will they stop chasing me after six years from 2007 or can they keep going for eternity ? I don't own a property so they can't do a CO ( but can they slap one on in future if I end up owning a house ! )

Advice appreciated as always

Richard 999

Re: CCJ from Barclaycard now HFO Services

Can go on for as long as they choose.

Comment

I believe a CCJ can't be statute barred. Even though it may drop off your credit file after six years, and even the registry trust (I think), you can be chased until such time it's paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
        I believe a CCJ can't be statute barred. Even though it may drop off your credit file after six years, and even the registry trust (I think), you can be chased until such time it's paid off.
        They can keep chasing you but if after 6 years they try to enforce they would have to have a dam good reason to enforce after such a long time.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good point TC which is why I suspect they seem to be chasing Richard now.

Comment

Thanks for your views and comments

The original debt was probably UE anyway but once they get a CCJ by default that is that pretty much ?

If I wanted to play silly buggers could I apply for the CCJ to be set aside on the grounds that the agreement is UE ?

Richard

Comment

as i understand it they can drag you into court after 6 years but if they did they would have to have a very good reason as to why they have waited 6 years to enforce. I wouldn't be applying for any set asides as the same would apply, why have you waited.

If it were me I'd be trying to do what you've been doing for the last 5.5 years!

Comment

Thanks MrsD

It was just a bit awkward when an AOE information request arrived at my brothers business !

I am not legally employed by the company so that was the info that was sent back !

They will give up eventually !

Rich

Comment

Working...
                X