GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983

The Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983

Legislation.gov.uk

web page. The Whole Instrument

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1983/1561/made
    or
    http://legislation.data.gov.uk/uksi/....htm?wrap=true

pdf. The Whole Instrument

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1.../made/data.pdf
    Last edited by CAPS ESC; 11 April 2013, 06:14.

Re: The Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983

Ok. Have gone through this. Question?
    Does a Formal Demand for Payment mean that the OC has effectively terminated the agreement?

Comment

Re: The Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983

Nope.... not by a long shot
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok. Thanks.
        Now if the Original Creditor has marked your account as "charged off". Does this amount to termination of the agreement?

Comment

Yes you'd think so.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have been thinking about this all day.
            If the account is charged off, on the back of 2 defective default agreements.
            Where does this leave the original creditor?

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
              I have been thinking about this all day.
              If the account is charged off, on the back of 2 defective default agreements.
              Where does this leave the original creditor?
              with a charged off account and two crap defaults id say

Comment

Thanks Paul, from your comment, do I take it that they have effectively lost.

Comment

What kind of loan was this ? Credit card, fixed sum ?

Comment

Barclaycard. Credit Card.

Comment

Then they need to issue a valid DN before they can terminate and enforce on default.

Comment

According to Barclaycard, and I quote.

You claim that the default notices issued to you were defective as the default notice was served under section 87 (i) as opposed to section 87 (1). May I explain that the i signifies roman numerals and as such indicates a number 1. I am therefore, unable to agree with your claim.

Comments please.

Comment

According to Barclaycard, and I quote.

You claim that the default notices issued to you were defective as the default notice was served under section 87 (i) as opposed to section 87 (1). May I explain that the i signifies roman numerals and as such indicates a number 1. I am therefore, unable to agree with your claim.

Comments please.
                          If the DN itself actually has the wrong wording then it's invalid as there is a preset style and the terms are s.87(1) - not s.87(i) - huge difference.

There is no s.87(i) act - not within CCA1974 anyway. In fact I don't think there is s.87(i) across any formal legislation....

Comment

Thank you Niddy.
                            I have printed off the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983. Statutory Instruments. 1983 No. 1561, Consumer Credit.

I will send a copy to Gemma Anderton at Barclaycard. I will also ask her to point out the section that says an i can be substituted for the roman numeral 1.

Comment

Thank you Niddy.
                              I have printed off the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983. Statutory Instruments. 1983 No. 1561, Consumer Credit.

I will send a copy to Gemma Anderton at Barclaycard. I will also ask her to point out the section that says an i can be substituted for the roman numeral 1.
                              Quite.....

Thing is there is no Act that supports s.87(i). So when you searched for it, upon receiving the DN you got confused as it linked you to a version of the Afrikaans Road Traffic Act.

Comment

Working...
                              X