GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice Required ref Marlin - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice Required ref Marlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Required ref Marlin

Marlin took over my old Egg loan last month. They appear to have bought it off Arrow, who had previously agreed a repayment plan of £16 pm.

I've been paying this old debt monthly since it defaulted in 2006.

I had an Egg Default filed on my CRFs for 6 years and that came off in 2012.

MARLIN are now demanding I fill in their income and expenditure sheet and asking for proof of income and benefits etc.

My questions are:

1. Do I HAVE to use their own I/E sheet or can I use one of my own?

2. DO I HAVE to send them proof of income?

3. Will they try and repackage this as a new debt and file a fresh DEFAULT notice if I fill in an I/E sheet for them?

4. What are these 'people' going to do if they reject my existing payments? I cannot afford to pay them more and TBH I can't afford to pay them as much as I do now...
    Last edited by Blodwin; 4 June 2013, 12:31.

Re: Advice Required ref Marlin

Have you see this thread ----> Marlin Mass purchase of Barclaycard Debts
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'll post on that thread too Deepie, thanks

Its worrying me a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Blodwin View Post
        I'll post on that thread too Deepie, thanks

Its worrying me a bit
        Is it worth sending a CCA request ?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

1. Do I HAVE to use their own I/E sheet or can I use one of my own?

2. DO I HAVE to send them proof of income?
          Is Marlin a court? If not, why would you HAVE to do anything?

3. Will they try and repackage this as a new debt and file a fresh DEFAULT notice if I fill in an I/E sheet for them?

4. What are these 'people' going to do if they reject my existing payments? I cannot afford to pay them more and TBH I can't afford to pay them as much as I do now...
          One default per account. Once it's gone, it's gone. Of course, that is the law, and we all know the law doesn't always get followed.

If you can't afford to pay them as much as you do now, then they should not even get the chance to 'reject' your existing payments. This is a non-priority alleged debt and your living expenses come first.

As for what they will do, we are out of crystal balls. In the only Marlin case I have dealt with so far, with an enforceable agreement, they refused to accept a final settlement offer, and then when I composed one letter each to their solicitors and themselves, they agreed to the final settlement.

Is this definitely an enforceable alleged debt?

SH

Comment

I was wondering that... I've CCA'd EGG in the past and it was generally regarded as enforceable so I gave up on that a few years ago now

I took a lot of PPI back from Egg though

But I have been paying this loan at a token amount for YEARS and still am.

TBH provided it stays off my CRFs (it was already defaulted by EGG when they owned it) and provided Marlin accept the existing payments I'm content. My issue is being COMPELLED to use THEIR I/E sheet and HAVING to produce evidence etc

Also whether they will try a sneaky and repackage this as a new agreement / loan as I've heard DCAs often do this

Don't want the CCJ route, thats why I'm quering the compulsion part...
            Last edited by Blodwin; 4 June 2013, 14:26.

Comment

TBH provided it stays off my CRFs (it was already defaulted by EGG when they owned it) and provided Marlin accept the existing payments I'm content. My issue is being COMPELLED to use THEIR I/E sheet and HAVING to produce evidence etc

Also whether they will try a sneaky and repackage this as a new agreement / loan as I've heard DCAs often do this

Don't want the CCJ route, thats why I'm quering the compulsion part...
              You cannot be COMPELLED to use their I/E sheet, only a court can do that. They cannot repackage as a new agreement unless they sent you a new agreement and you signed it, which you wouldn't do. The original agreement still stands regardless of assignment.

Comment

IF you want to carry on paying, or indeed if it is just the best option then IMHO sometimes it is worth keeping on their good side. You could of course use the common financial statement . I am sure someone can provide a link to NEDCAB .
                As for proof of income I wouldn't unless you happen to have a payslip that is a tad on the low side...if you are on benefits just send a copy of your award letter.

Remember that as long as the amounts of your expenditure are "reasonable" they should not question it. Even if they are outside the range given by NEDCAB and you can justify it i.e you travel 75 miles each way to work so your transport costs are high

When I was in a DMP, even when I got a company vehicle my IE showed an amount for travel and it was never queried

Get smart ...sometimes you have to play nicely......you sound like someone I know and love from Cag...is that who you are?
                Last edited by jon1965; 4 June 2013, 16:40.

Comment

Hi Blodwin.
                  What Egg could produce years ago in response to a CCA, and what Marlin could produce now may be two different things entirely.
                  Eggzample: Egg produced a full enforceable response to my CCA for an Egg Loan. Fast forward 4 years, account now owned by Arrow Global, who can't comply and have buggered off.

If I was in your shoes, first off I'd check that I'm not paying the beggars TOO MUCH, never mind their novel idea of increasing payments.
                  Have a play with the Nedcab I&E, see what it says you should be paying:
                  North East Derbyshire Citizens Advice Bureau

If you wish, send me a copy (without personal details if you prefer) and I'll make sure your claiming all you're allowed for priority bills.

As I said on the other thread, sometimes it can be to your own advantage to submit one on YOUR terms, if it demonstrates you should be paying less.

Elsa x

Comment

Send a fresh CCA Request, await their response and decide to continue paying same amount or stop depending on the result, Best option i think.

Comment

I sent the CIFA i/e not Marlin's own i/e questionnaire, and I told them what I can afford to pay

Don't know what response that will elicit. Anyone any experience of negotiating a plan with Marlin?

Comment

Well as i said previously, had you sent a CCA request you would be in a better position to negociate

Comment

I would send a CCA Request - regardless.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X