GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg Loan Taken Over by ME III - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg Loan Taken Over by ME III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg Loan Taken Over by ME III

I have an old Egg lloan, 10 years old now. Defaulted in 2006. Had a Default sat on my CRFs for 6 years which then came off. A company called Arrow Global SARL then owned the loan and I recently got a letter from them saying it had been sold to ME III. I then ghot a letter from ME III and a hello letter from Marlin Financial Services.

Will / can ME III file a fresh Default?

What can I expect from Marlin?

I have been paying the loan under an AP and did the whole SAR / CCA thing with Egg before, its enforceable. MY concern is that I keep my repayment arrangement the same as I did with Arrow and I'm worried Marlin will start bullying me into paying more or even take me to court.
    Last edited by Blodwin; 4 June 2013, 12:30.

Re: Egg Loan Taken Over by ME III

Hi Blodwin,
    Marlin can be quite aggressive so if they start pushing I would send them a CCA Request regardless of the fact that you've had one in the past.

I was in the exact same position (except I wasn't paying). I CCA'd the loan while it was still with Egg, and it was enforceable.

However once Arrow bought it I sent another CCA request and they only sent the signature page, no T&C's. I pointed this out and they've not pursued it since.

Elsa x

Comment

Only one default per account. As it expired in 2011 that's it. Another cannot be registered now.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hopefully I won't have to battle another illegal Default then, as I have been - and still am - with Barclays.

Comment

Didn't you sort Barclays...?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It still keeps appearing on my CRFs. Experian removed it and upheld my complaint but now the loan is back on my CRF again and Experian are ignoring my complaints.

Comment

Working...
            X