GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dispatches - Undercover Debt Collector - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dispatches - Undercover Debt Collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispatches - Undercover Debt Collector

Marlin on Dispatches - Undercover Debt Collector.

We have now embedded this video into our campaign pages (cos we're smart like that) so instead of you guys having to hunt for it, just click this link and watch it in browser....

Enjoy!

---> Consumer Revenge | Dispatches - Undercover Debt Collector

:niddy
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Dispatches - Undercover Debt Collector

I can't see the video.

I get a message saying that I need to install the Windows Media Player plug-in (already have Media Player) then it downloads the firefox plug-in but it still won't play. I use Chrome.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      I can't see the video.

I get a message saying that I need to install the Windows Media Player plug-in (already have Media Player) then it downloads the firefox plug-in but it still won't play. I use Chrome.
      you need to activate Chrome

as follows:

---> Windows Media Player plug-in - Google Chrome Help

Then go back to Chrome and check it is enabled. You do this by clicking the spanner, then tools, then extensions. See image below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	1390198

After this check the following two boxes are ticked...

Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome2.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	1390200

Works a dream after doing this...

* If you struggle to install the plug-in then see this: (Direct link to plug-in here --> http://www.interoperabilitybridges.c.../wmpChrome.crx )
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The reason your plug-in won't work is cos our sites are HTML5 remember so you need the specific HTML5 plug-in as per my link above. Follow that, it works perfect then.

Comment

Done all that Niddy but still no picture though I do have sound.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Saved to watch later.

What was the song they played to motivate the employees? I remember people for months after that playing it to Marlin down the phone to wind them up.

Comment

billy ocean....dear god!

Last edited by philnicandamy; 23 July 2012, 06:59.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                billy ocean....dear god!
                Worse than I remember then.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  you need to activate Chrome

as follows:

---> Windows Media Player plug-in - Google Chrome Help

Then go back to Chrome and check it is enabled. You do this by clicking the spanner, then tools, then extensions. See image below.

[ATTACH]5352[/ATTACH]

After this check the following two boxes are ticked...

[ATTACH]5353[/ATTACH]

Works a dream after doing this...

* If you struggle to install the plug-in then see this: (Direct link to plug-in here --> http://www.interoperabilitybridges.c.../wmpChrome.crx )

Comment

Yeah I watched it and I have grave concern so basically a DCA can break rules the OFT guidelines are there but fuck all is being done about it.

Comment

Jen

We're on the ball and will try and deal with it

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                        Yeah I watched it and I have grave concern so basically a DCA can break rules the OFT guidelines are there but fuck all is being done about it.
                        The Channel 4 programme was broadcast in 2009 and since then the OFT has updated it's guidelines and monitoring

Comment

Anyone that cannot watch this has Possibly disabled the corrupt update to flash. However following my instructions above does work. I know this as I edited it to work on all browsers prior to posting here and I had it open on all of them.

That said when I disabled (rolled back) the dodgy Firefox plugin I only got sound. So it could be that (pixie).

If you're really getting errors And can't watch it in your native browser please watch in standard Internet explorer.

PlanB. It's a step by step guide. Children could follow it cos I've posted images. Try it!! It's easy.

Install. Then refresh page. If it doesn't work follow the images I posted above. Easy.

Thanks.

Comment

Ah OK. just seemed that really DCA's take the piss... My blood pressure was rising watching that lol

Comment

But it's marlin. The subject of our campaign on consumer revenge. Please tell me you've checked the new site out lol

Comment

Working...
                              X