GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowell have a default on my partners Credit file at an unknown address?. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell have a default on my partners Credit file at an unknown address?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell have a default on my partners Credit file at an unknown address?.

My partner has checked her credit file using "Checkmyfile" and on her file there is a default at an
    unknown address from Lowell and account type is mail order.
    What is the first step we take to
    A: check what this is
    B: get it removed.

The default date is May 2013

Cheers

Nick

Re: Lowell have a default on my partners Credit file at an unknown address?.

So ask your partner who she held s catalogue account with?

Its likely Shop direct (SDG Group), Next or JD Williams (group).... But she would have had something sent, ordered online, which created a running agreement in the ordering process
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi, has your partner ever had a mail order account? have they ever heard from Lowell
      if they are certain the debt is not theirs they could contact the CRA(s) pointing out that the address and debt are unrelated to them, asking for them to remove the default as they are recording false information on the file.

keep a copy of the file for any future referance.
      the CRA may say you will have to contact Lowell, if so come back and let us know

NW xx
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi thanks for the replies, my partner never had any credit accounts with any Mail Order companies. She has always used her mums account at her mums address and that
        is with Very.That account is about 10 years old and her mum has never missed anything and limits are shockingly high.

Lowells state that it's Shop Direct so Very or Littlewoods.

I did send "Checkmyfile" a message and they replied saying that we needed to contact Lowells but if we had any problems to message them back.

The property they are saying it was at nobody we know has ever lived there, I mean come on it's in Wales (only kidding).

Nightwatch do we just contact lowells telling them to remove or do we have to ask for info first?.

Just to add it is the only thing listed for that address and only with Call Credit.

Cheers

Nick
        Last edited by nick0; 7 July 2016, 21:31. Reason: added info

Comment

Well if your partner has never had a very account then dispute it.

Search on here, happens a lot and we recently helped someone get a default removed.

Thing is, you say her mum has an account. Are you 100% sure she's not missed something? I'll explain, SDG allowed account holders to buy for friends & family and in essence you'd order for them within your limit. If however they didn't pay you, ie the account holder, then the account holder could tell SDG who the goods went to and they'd chase them directly for payment and remove the balance owed by them from your account and in essence take over the collection process.

What you describe in post 1 suggests your partners mum may not have paid for stuff your partner ordered thus there's a default registered. That said, whether true or not, doesn't matter unless your partner ever signed an agreement. A firm cannot add a default if you're not a customer - put simply, you've not given permission to share your data - how can you if you aren't a customer.

So yes, you'd be arguing (via a dispute with the CRA) that there's errors in the address details and that your partner has never held an account with SDG. Demand that the CRA remove the entry as its libellous and factually incorrect.

Do not mention her mum - that is irrelevant. Likewise, don't contact the DCA. Let the CRA deal with it arguing you don't have an account and don't need to talk to the DCA as there's no relationship and state that the entry is an erroneous incorrect entry which needs purged.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As niddy says, go back to the CRA and argue with them that they (your partner) have no idea who Lowell are and that that they have never lived at the address mentioned.
            good luck NW x
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi All,
              Once again I say a big thanks for the replies, I have sent CheckmyFile a secure message so no doubt they will come back with
              some sh!te but will wait and see.
              Will update the forum with any news.

Thanks

Nick

Comment

Hi,
                Got this reply from Checkmyfile:

Thanks for your message.

Credit reference agencies do not actively solicit information from lenders. They are entirely reliant on lenders providing information voluntarily.

We are not in a position to chase up information from lenders as we are an independent credit reporting agency and do not have reciprocal data sharing arrangements with lenders. We obtain the information on your behalf from the agencies to let you know what is held about you by others.

I recommend that you contact Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd and Lowell directly and request that they update your account information with the credit reference agencies. Although lenders do not have a legal obligation to provide account information to the credit reference agencies, they must provide correct information. If you are unhappy with their response please let us know and we’ll advise you further on how to dispute the information with the credit reference agencies.

I hope this helps but if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Comment

Ok, see here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post556534

Email the CEO of SDG and argue as per my points above. You'll be saying....

"I have never held any accounts with SDG and the address used is not my address either. There's a default recorded with the CRA's which as you'll appreciate is libellous. This is clearly an error and I demand the derogatory data is removed and a suitable offer of compensation is made based on the length of time the incorrect libellous data has been visible on my report."

kinda thing. Short n sweet. To the point.

It does work. Read this thread -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post563606

Comment

Hi All,
                    Just a brief update, I sent a letter (recorded) as advised and received a reply from there executive team within
                    2 days, they still have no account number showing on there reply.

They are looking into my complaint.

Will update you once I get a result.

Nick

Comment

You should have emailed really

Keep us updated with any update.

Comment

Working...
                      X