GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script VERY - SHOP DIRECT PROBLEMS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VERY - SHOP DIRECT PROBLEMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY - SHOP DIRECT PROBLEMS

My daughter has a Very Account which she was disputing as £90 was applied against the account when she didn't actually buy anything.
    We wrote to Very and requested a full breakdown of the account t include al charges and fees etc. They initially refused to give this information up but when I got involved, they sent the information.

In the meantime, they have written to say they have sold the account to 1st Credit?

There are a stupid amount of 'Adminstration Fees' added to the account too - can she reclaim/dispute any of these?

Thanks

Re: VERY - SHOP DIRECT PROBLEMS

Hi Poppydog,
    When was the account taken out? Was it before April 2007?
    Also, has it now been defaulted/terminated?

Elsa x

Comment

Hi Elsa

2009 as far as the breakdown of figures shows. We need SAR/CCA I think from reading on here?

Also need to look at the Equifax etc.

Thanks

Comment

Well not really - if she didn't purchase anything then she's not liable - it's really that simple.

What exactly has happened? ie Have Very literally only just now got in touch for the first time since 2009 or have they been asking for several years for payment?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You're most welcome
          Sadly being post April 2007, when the law changed, it could still be enforced by a Judge if the CCA Request failed.
          That said, it can still provide bargaining power so still worth doing.
          In that respect if it was me I would wait until 1st Credit contact you themselves, then send them a CCA Request: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038

Meanwhile, if you want to get to the bottom of the charges, you will as you say need to send a SAR to Very: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495040

Elsa x

Comment

^^ Posts crossed^^

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Well not really - if she didn't purchase anything then she's not liable - it's really that simple.

What exactly has happened? ie Have Very literally only just now got in touch for the first time since 2009 or have they been asking for several years for payment?
              I was under the impression that the account has been used and items purchased, but that the £90 was a random charge added. Is that not correct?

Comment

Hi both,

Yes my Daughter has bought things etc - but we querying this random £90. Also very 'Sold' it to 1st Credit during a dispute. Took them 8 months to provide the account breakdown!

Thanks

Comment

So how much are 1st credit claiming? ie how much is the actual debt?
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

For clarity, an erroneous £90 charge isn't a dispute as far as "disputes" go. Point being if the balance was £0 and they then applied a charge that's fine. You have a valid reason to not pay & dispute it.

If however there was a balance of any amount and you stopped paying based on the erroneous £90 charge then you do not have grounds to cease paying based on that charge. You ought to have complained at the time it was added but maintained payments.

Im not judging you. I'm just saying you won't win any formal complaint based on the latter scenario above.

Comment

Payments have been maintained all along - just this £90 thing.
                      They passed to Debt Collector regardless.

I told them they should not have done this.

Comment

Oh then you DO have recourse.

Formally complain - then utilise FOS......

Need help? Email me their latest letters - ill sort you suitable response to get rid

Comment

Ok that's great!

Thanks for help.

Will update on here asap

Comment

Working...
                          X