GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The Banking Code - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Banking Code

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Banking Code

Banking Conduct of Business Sourcebook and Payment Services Regulations (2009)

The Banking Conduct of Business Sourcebook and Payment Services Regulations (2009) replaced the Banking Code in 2009. The Banking Code was a voluntary code which set standards of good banking practice for financial institutions to follow when dealing with personal customers in the UK. The Banking Code applied to:
    1. current accounts, including basic bank accounts;
    2. savings and deposit accounts;
    3. payment services, including foreign-exchange services;
    4. cards and pins; and
    5. loans and overdrafts.

The Banking Code was monitored and enforced by the Banking Code Standards Board. The Code was sponsored by the Building Societies Association, British Bankers' Association and APACS - the UK payments association. The last version of the Banking Code was published in March 2008 following an independent review. The Banking Code 2008 is available via the link below. The Banking Code was withdrawn once responsibility for regulating retail banking products moved to the Financial Services Authority and the Lending Standards Board.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
Working...
X