GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script FOS Woes and PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOS Woes and PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOS Woes and PPI

I had PPI with an HFC credit card I took out in 2000.

PPI for about 2 years b4 I cancelled it. Feb 2009 Marbles took over the credit card.

I sent Marbles the PPI Quezzie and claimed the PPI. That was in Feb of this year. 1 month later they write back saying "we can find no evidence of any PPI and will not be refunding anything to you. Pish off."

So I go to the FOS, sending them the above letter from Marbles. the PPI Quezzie and the FOS complaint form plus statements PROVING there had been PPI sold to me.

In the interim - in April - Marbles wrote to me saying it was HSBC that flogged me the PPI and they had copied my claim onto them.

Today, 4 months after I wrote to the FOS with the form, they have returned EVERYTHING to me and advised that NOTHING has been or will be done on the matter by them because HSBC have not sent me a Final Response.

To add insult to injury, the FOS advise me that if HSBC received the complaint after 20 April then they have 16 weeks to respond. All this when I first complained to Marbles in February and got their "no refund" letter.
    Last edited by The Debt Star; 25 June 2011, 17:12.

Re: FOS Woes and PPI

TDS,

The 16 wk quoted is a time extension granted by the FSA however it does not mention HSBC.

This is the link here

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/...2011/049.shtml

I will do more searching to find out if HSBC was included at a later point.

Regards

Comment

Yes but the FOS are hiding behind this whole "Final Response" letter thing when I already had a letter from Marbles telling me to quit and go away as there was no PPI. I feel that the FOS have let me down massively.

Comment

TDS,

I think the problem that lies here is that you send the forms etc to Marbles thinking that they where responsible being the now owner of the card.

HFC Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC Bank so your claim should have gone to them in the first place however you were not to now that.

As you put you claim in with the FOS in march and this was before the JR ruling in April it does seem unfair that you should be subject to this time extension and you complaint should be resolved before the August deadline for complaints held up by the JR.

I would write back to the FOS saying such.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          TDS,

The 16 wk quoted is a time extension granted by the FSA however it does not mention HSBC.

This is the link here

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/...2011/049.shtml

I will do more searching to find out if HSBC was included at a later point.

Regards
          They have been added to that timescale.

Payment protection insurance

Comment

Nattie,

Thank you saves me a search, however that still does not take away the fact that he should be part of this time extension as his complaint was with the FOS a mth before the JR Judgment so should not apply to him.

Regards

Comment

TDS, keep going with them matie, don't give in quite yet.

As you know I have been given the runaround with one of mine, but am determined to stick it out, its the principal of it as well for others.

Comment

Thanks for the moral support Di - appreciated as always!

Comment

16 weeks from April is end of August which is in line with the timescale quoted with regards to JR held claims, right? Not sure there is a big issue then....

Comment

I had Marbles' "Final Response" (but without the words "Final Response" contained in
                    it) back in early March. Along the lines of "Sorry Mr DS, there was defo no PPI sold with your HFC credit card. You are owed nothing."

Then in April I get a letter from them - after I'd gone to the FOS - telling me HSBC flogged the PPI and they'd sent this to HSBC. Nothing so far at all from HSBC.

I first complained in February.

The FOS can't be arsed clearly, my annoyance is aimed primarily at the FOS here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                      I had Marbles' "Final Response" (but without the words "Final Response" contained in
                      it) back in early March. Along the lines of "Sorry Mr DS, there was defo no PPI sold with your HFC credit card. You are owed nothing."

Then in April I get a letter from them - after I'd gone to the FOS - telling me HSBC flogged the PPI and they'd sent this to HSBC. Nothing so far at all from HSBC.

I first complained in February.

The FOS can't be arsed clearly, my annoyance is aimed primarily at the FOS here.
                      Have they even acknowledged the complaint, ie HSBC?
                      They still have until the end of August to respond plus if it was with the FOS it would likely be there for another year potentially anyway so as they have lost the JR they may respond positively to you. Do you have a date that they were sent the information?

Comment

No to both.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                          No to both.
                          What Di would do is to email them and harrass them for that info

Comment

What Di would do is to email them and harrass them for that info ;
                            Yes, that is what I did with my claim, never took no for an answer it is quiet surprising the amount of info I got out of them from an agreement they insisted they never had to a complete set of screenshots of every loan account from opening to closing as well as there calculation sheets which showed many errors.

Just keep at them and challenge ever letter with a fine tooth comb.

Regards

Comment

okeys. seem to be writing constantly at the moment, but you're all correct. its the only way.

Comment

Working...
                              X