GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Experian Credit Scores - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experian Credit Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experian Credit Scores

Hi,
    This sounds and is a dull question, but i need to ask it!

Two people.

One person (er, me) has 4 defaults with balances outstanding and credit still running sweet as a nut. All settled balances have now gone from previous credit. Experian score 638

Another person has no defaults, 8 late missed payments and owes £1800 to one creditor. Experian score 570.

So the question is: how relevant is the score to lenders, or is it more an overview which they can decide to dig deeper on?

When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Experian Credit Scores

It's irrelevant to lenders as they use their own scoring models. Plus some use equifax others use experian etc...

Ignore that score and save the cash buying it!!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      It's irrelevant to lenders as they use their own scoring models. Plus some use equifax others use experian etc...

Ignore that score and save the cash buying it!!
      Thanks for that Nid! I was more curious than anything, just thought it was odd for a moody person and a relatively clean person to have similar shite scores!
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If it didn't cost a fiver to do , I think we should have a competition to see who has got the lowest. When I checked once mine was just over 200

Comment

Mine was at 0!!!

If you have cifas it's pretty low
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Mine was at 0!!!

Cool , shame we can't have negative ones!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
              If it didn't cost a fiver to do , I think we should have a competition to see who has got the lowest. When I checked once mine was just over 200
              lol.

Comment

Mine was at 0!!!

0 dear, minus might be minus -0, like my old pension fund was minus .20p.

Comment

Working...
                X