GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script One missed payment on Experian is this bad! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One missed payment on Experian is this bad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One missed payment on Experian is this bad!

Morning all I use a catalogue called Marisota it comes under the JD Williams brand. Last Christmas there were a lot of stressful things happening and I missed a payment to Marisota
    I have been with them nearly 5 years and this is the first payment I have just forgotten about. Although they never charged me a late fee of £12. my file is all green zero's and I have a few accounts all green going back 6-8 years. Now on my file with Experian the account looks like this(sorry,best I can do)000000000100
    So at least as a few month's have gone on it show's I have brought it up to date.

But I'd like to ask is it a massive deal to have one measly payment late, although it now says all accounts up to date?

Also, I thought you had to be 30 days late to get a missed payment on Experian? I was only about 6 days in all late bringing the account up to date.

I emailed Marisota and just got a bog standard reply.
    Thoughts on this please
    Last edited by Bosieb; 24 March 2012, 08:24.

Re: One missed payment on Experian is this bad!

I have (on view) 4 missed payments to JDW as I never pay when they want (every 4wks) instead I pay every calendar month (or I'd pay 13 payments instead of 12) and it doesn't affect me as you seen with HBOS and my old HSBC accounts which is who you use.

I only bought a vax on it and pay it monthly lol
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If you're 3 days late jdw class it as late. Technically (as you pay in arrears) you're late a day after the due date so they're not too bad in that respect.

It's not up to the cra to decide what's late or not. It's the lender who decides and informs the cra's.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I did a quick google and a lot of info came up about missed payments, a lot of usa sites and they really made it sound so detrimental!
        Thanks for your input, why is so much made of one missed payment.
        Even a certain Martin on a consumer programme was going on how bad it was. I mean anyone can forget one payment

Comment

The standard is it "shouldn't" affect you unless you have more than 2 missed payments in the previous 12mths

Martin Lewis has an opinion as do I. They will vary however you'll find most lenders disregard the odd sporadic missed payment.

It CAN go against you but rarely does as I say; you've seen my HBOS/HSBC accounts yet I also had 12 defaults last year. In July when HBOS agreed my reward account I had 7 and 5 was to them

Now I have 2 both to HSBC.

See this from credit expert - confirms late payments CAN hurt but the odd one usually won't.

Truth: Unfortunately, they do. Court Judgments for non-payment of debts, IVAs and Bankruptcies stay on your credit report for at least six years. Even a missed repayment is recorded for at least three years. Any of these could count against you, because lenders could think that you will miss payments with them too.
          ---> Top 10 credit myths -Credit Check help and advice - Experian UK

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            The standard is it "shouldn't" affect you unless you have more than 2 missed payments in the previous 12mths

Martin Lewis has an opinion as do I. They will vary however you'll find most lenders disregard the odd sporadic missed payment.

It CAN go against you but rarely does as I say; you've seen my HBOS/HSBC accounts yet I also had 12 defaults last year. In July when HBOS agreed my reward account I had 7 and 5 was to them

Now I have 2 both to HSBC.

See this from credit expert - confirms late payments CAN hurt but the odd one usually won't.

---> Top 10 credit myths -Credit Check help and advice - Experian UK
            Thanks for that I like it from the horse's mouth so to speak
            At least they didn't charge me £12!

Comment

No me neither. Never been charged as I pay within a few days lol

Comment

This happened to me with argos... forgot topay I have boughten a vax on make no payments but forgot I bought something else for regular payment (like 20.00) the minimum payment they were calling about and it was a day late was 3.74... I laughed at the girl and told her your chasing me for 3.74 after being ONE day late... I told her I ate more for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                  This happened to me with argos... forgot topay I have boughten a vax on make no payments but forgot I bought something else for regular payment (like 20.00) the minimum payment they were calling about and it was a day late was 3.74... I laughed at the girl and told her your chasing me for 3.74 after being ONE day late... I told her I ate more for lunch.
                  Hi jen did they give you a £12 charge
                  They were definitely over the top chasing you after just one day!

Comment

I remeber being chased by BCard for a missed payment , the funny thing was I had paid it a day late by accident and they rang a few days later. It was funny when the lady started on her script and then stop when she noticed it had already been paid. They still tried to charge me a later fee though!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X