GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Equifax - financial associate - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equifax - financial associate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equifax - financial associate

Hello to all,

Just a quick one, I have been trying to sort of financial dissociations between my wife and myself via the CRA's.

basically we had a joint bank account up until January this year, after we closed it we filed for the NOD's with Experian and call credit, they removed all links fine no trouble what so ever.

Recently I realised I had forgotten to sort Equifax out, so on-line I did there on-line dispute thing, and sorted... so I thought..

because we had a join CCJ some 4 years ago Equifax are refusing to remove the link this is there response to our requests (both my wife and myself have requested the NOD)

Dear Wayne

Thank you for getting in touch.

As there’s evidence of **my wife's name** having an ongoing financial connection with you, I’m afraid we can’t take them off your report as a financial associate

Poole Court have recorded joint information in both of your names.

Once this information has been satisfied, we’ll be able to remove the financial association.

If for any reason this information can’t be closed, you can add a note - known as a notice of correction - to your credit report to explain why there’s still a financial association between you and <name>.

You’ll find more information about your credit report at: http://www.equifax.co.uk/help. If you have a question, you should find the answer in our FAQ section. If not, you can
    send us an on-line query, and attach your documents to it - no need to worry about them getting lost or delayed in the post.

I hope you find this useful. If there’s anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Kind regards

Equifax Customer Services

what can I do now ? they are the only CRA to refuse, my personal opinion is that they are just being awkward "because they can".

any help would be great.

Btw iam wayne99 from MSE.

Wayne.

Re: Equifax - financial associate

You can only have it removed as a joint liability (classification) by confirming you are no longer a couple. i.e. if there was a joint bank account and you closed it, then split up - they'd remove the "active" link. As this is a ccj (they cannot be issued jointly) then only one of you will have one, who? It is for that person to then demand the CRA remove it as you are not together anymore and you got the default, not the ex.

Simples.

However it also depends who you're dealing with at Equishite - I deal with one of the top managers there (cos I sued them) and she sorts things for me reasonably quick, maybe consider complaining to ICO but if you're together then it's awkward lying so blatently.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

the CCJ was issued to both of us, it is on my credit file, and is on my wifes, both with the same details, case numbers, amount etc

i was the one who went to court about this not my wife, but the summons was in both of our names, and we were both issued a CCJ for the same debt. about 180 quid for a bloody garage dispute with the local housing association, we went to court, lost and here we are, it is unpaid and will remain that way for eternity as far as iam concerned.

the only way i would settle it is if they agreed to remove the financial link afterwards.

has it been issued correctly then ?

Comment

Ahh so they have used the joint and several liability then by the sounds of it - devious barstewards....

Therefore the financial link must remain until the CCJ is satisfied, after 6yrs.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

grrrr, oh well i guess its not so bad considering its only one out of the three CRA's that is being a toss pot about it.

if we apply for anything it will only be with lenders who search Experian lol

thanks Nid.

Wayne ;Spank <<<< wicked smiley

Comment

Working...
          X