GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Which address to use ????? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which address to use ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which address to use ?????

Hi

I don't know where I live any more

Five and a half years ago I moved into a newly converted housing association flat. The address I was given by the HA was

X Niddy House
    XX Another Street
    Niddystone
    N12 3DY

This was the address I changed all my existing accounts to at the time and is the address I am on the electoral roll at. This address has been verified as correct by the council and is apparently on the NLPG (National Land and Property Gazetteer) database.

I started to have problems trying to use my debit card online as the option to select the address, from the first line of the address and postcode, gave the address as

Flat X, Niddy House
    XX Another Street
    Niddystone
    N12 3DY

No problem I thought, but then it did not match my bank account address, so often the transaction could not be processed. After a major hassle getting my car insurance payment authorised this year, I phoned my bank and changed the address to the second format.

I have had problems recently opening a savings account and getting a prepaid credit card at the first address, in both cases having to send in additional ID; all my utilities and driving licence are at the 'first' address.

When I got my credit reports earlier this year the reasons became clear, the CRA's seem to mainly use the second address format, as this is the format on the PAF (Postoffice Address File).

I appear to have a credit file at each address with each of the CRA's, so SIX in all, all of them with some incorrect data. They either have me on the electoral roll, but with NO accounts, or show my accounts, defaults and all, but say I am not on the electoral roll. Some are mix, almost right, but it's all a bit of a mess really.

I have confirmed this week that I have been on the electoral roll at this address for 5+ years and the person at the council said I should use the 'first' address on all my accounts.

I have emailed the post office and they confirm the second format is correct, and that this is the address I should be using to ensure that all my mail gets to me correctly.

So, any one else had this problem ?? I just need to know which address I should use and then I will start the process of changing over everything so that all the accounts show correctly with the CRA's.

The council have said that they cannot change the address that I am registered at on the electoral roll, the post office have said that they cannot change the entry in the PAF .

I had thought about trying to get a new mobile phone in the new year but maybe I should just leave it all alone for 4 years, until the defaulted accounts all drop off. Let the CRA's, DCA's and other assorted tie themselves up in knots with incorrect data.

MK
    One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
    Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Re: Which address to use ?????

You have to use the version as defined via paf mate so head onto royal mail and search there. Whatever format appears use that.

The problem occurs with flats to be honest. It's stupid that royal mail has more clout than than the cra's but the lender uses cra data knowing paf is usually correct whilst cra is incorrect.

I say burn down the cra's as being the utter con men that they really are
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      I say burn down the cra's as being the utter con men that they really are
      No, really, why do you say that ??

(Don't worry I have read ALL your posts so I know that Niddy CRA's really )

MK
      One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
      Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

You're not too big to go over my knee young man
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Mightn't it be easier to just move ??
          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X