GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA not updated CRA files - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA not updated CRA files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA not updated CRA files

A debt collection agency must report accurate data to CRA's. ?

But in my case, my DCA has not updated the CRA file for 3 years, showing no payment data and reporting an incorrect balance.

In addition, I have never received any statements until last month.

What are the 'rules' or 'regs' around this which the DCA are supposed to comply with, as I want to write an 'informed' letter to them.

Thank you...I've looked through the site for an asnwer but couldn't find one..

thanks for any info

Re: DCA not updated CRA files

The DCA usually takes over the account and doesn't update the record per-se, which isn't a bad thing. Why are you bothered? really...?

It'll make no difference UNLESS the actual default date is incorrect so leave sleeping dogs and all that! Usually, the norm is that the DCA takes over the account from the OC and literally changes the original entry with their name and then the original entry from the OC would go to settled/satisfied and then the default would reproduce in the new DCA's name with the default showing the original date as per the original entry.

The only situation that would involve contacting the DCA regards this would be if the default date was worse to you, ie. a year later or something. Otherwise, leave it well alone. They cannot get in trouble for minor discrepancies as they can classify the account as 'dormant' by the fact it is defaulted.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: DCA not updated CRA files

They should keep the balance outstanding up to date. That is about it. They won't record payment/status codes apart from a D/8, as they only apply before the account is defaulted.

Once settled, they should then mark it as such.
      Last edited by Riz; 21 February 2013, 07:57.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X