GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halfords "Lifetime Guarantee" - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halfords "Lifetime Guarantee"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halfords "Lifetime Guarantee"

I have a couple of things (one a tool kit) covered by the lifetime guarantee. The problem I have is a I have recently lost the receipt. However, last time I had it was to get a part replaced. When we (myself and halfords) looked at the reciept, it was extemely faded.

How long is it feasible to expect the reciept to last in a legible state? Also, given its a lifetime guarantee, can they refuse to replace an item or part if there is no reciept
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Halfords "Lifetime Guarantee"

Oscar,

How did you pay for it, do you have a bank or credit card statement with the transaction on?

Both those two will suffice in the absents of a receipt

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      Oscar,

How did you pay for it, do you have a bank or credit card statement with the transaction on?

Both those two will suffice in the absents of a receipt

Regards
      With gift vouchers - probably about 4 years ago
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
        I have a couple of things (one a tool kit) covered by the lifetime guarantee. The problem I have is a I have recently lost the receipt. However, last time I had it was to get a part replaced. When we (myself and halfords) looked at the reciept, it was extemely faded.

How long is it feasible to expect the reciept to last in a legible state? Also, given its a lifetime guarantee, can they refuse to replace an item or part if there is no reciept
        Should be on their computer system the transaction still if you paid by CC/DC Oscar

good luck

Comment

I think your using your tool kit to much

Comment

looking at their website:

Halfords Advanced Professional Hand Tools come with a Lifetime Guarantee.

Should a Halfords Advanced Professional Hand Tool fail whilst being used for the purpose and in the manner for which it was designed, it will be inspected and replaced. Simply return the product to your nearest Halfords store with proof of purchase and we will arrange a replacement for you.
            • Proof of purchase is required to validate the Lifetime Guarantee.
            • Misuse of the product will immediately invalidate the Lifetime Guarantee.
            • Moving parts are not covered for wear and tear under this guarantee.
            • Discontinued items will be replaced with an equivalent product in terms of use and quality.
            • This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
            Suppose if you can Dig out your Bank statement or Credit Card statement (assuming one paid via that method?)

If their is a faint mark on the receipt advertising Halfords logo, and seen to be fading, suppose its worth a try Oscar.

Alternative, need to take to 'The London Libary, and get it Perserved under Glass, in room temperature'

Comment

Is it one of those tool kits that have the halfords badge on the tool box?

Just to think outside of the box here boom boom lol
              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 5 July 2011, 18:37.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                Is it one of those tool kits that have the halfords badge on the tool box?

Just to think outside of the box here boom boom lol
                Someone order a taxi to liverpool? (apparently, everyone there is a comedian)

Comment

Anyone got an extremely faded halfords receipt?

Comment

Anyone got an extremely faded halfords receipt?
                    No but i have one for PC World, for Lifetime Warranty on a Surge Protector though lol

its now encased in a plastic wallet for protection

Comment

to be fair though you should be able to ask halfords for a copy of the reciept.
                      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                        to be fair though you should be able to ask halfords for a copy of the reciept.
                        Possibly, but I can only remember a vague purchase date.

Comment

even still you the item you purchased and roughly the date purchased

and i would have thought that for the "lifetime" warrenty they would have needed your address too.
                          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

I think the lifetime guarantee is whilst it's in the possession of the original purchaser and isn't transferable. That's why you need proof of purchase (not that it actually proves YOU were the person who bought it!).

Comment

Yo be fair to Halfords I've taken a few things back under their lifetime guarantee without any receipt and they have changed them without a problem.

In a small way it makes up for the fact they refuse to give me a discount on any car / motorhome parts I buy as I spend a lot of money of these things, so I go somewhere that does.

Still use Halfords for tools though as they're pretty good and they have got the guarantee.

Comment

Working...
                              X