GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Persitence Pays! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Persitence Pays!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persitence Pays!

A post to encourage others to be persistent and keep complaining. Last week Sky sent my bill which I knew would be a biggy as I'd used the phone a lot to phone a hospital bedside phone a lot last month. They'd agreed I could spread it over 2 months as I mentioned it to them even before the bill came out. Was advised cancel DD, and they'd phone to collect £x last week then I'd pay the balance next month.

Waited in all day last week - no phone call. Next morning no Sky on TV. Hit the phone before they cut that off too and played hell. Every single person said they could do nothing about it, howevr much they escalated it. I was assured it was impossible to reconnect anything without settlement of the entire bill.

Eventually got sick of it and fired off an e-mail to CEO complaining. Next morning, back on the phone to cancellations department to cancel a substantial Sky package. The lady immediately asked why? I explained and she asked me to give her 5 minutes. Sure enough back she came, Sky back on, and by way of an apology half price package for next 6 months.

Later in the day a hone call from the Executives Office - if they refunded my payment and wrote off the bill would I stop threatened action? Thought long and hard for a nanosecond before answering yes.

So from a day on the phone hitting a brickwall to a £270 bill written off and a further £300 worth of compensation in discounts.

Don't give in, EVER! Keep fighting organisations like these.

Re: Persitence Pays!

Good one

Yup!

All at a flick of a switch phone call, nice to have the power to be connected - 'Now who said that'?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Casper,

I have had a similar experience, and I must say out of all the CEO's offices sky is one of the easiest to get a result from.

The fact is it is a cut throat business to be in and they just hate losing customers and using your complaint through the right channels like you have does bring good results.

I was with BT for my phone and broadband and they increased there prices for a second time in a year so I rejected the latest increase and decided to move furthermore there quarterly bills were becoming a pain to manage.

Any as I was on sky + at the time I also decided to go the whole hog and upgrade to HD also.

Now on the phone to sky I was informed if I did the HD upgrade on the internet singly I would qualify for £100 of M&S Vouchers this I did and sure enough after my first bill those vouchers arrived.

As for the phone and broadband this was done over the phone at the date agreed however they sent me a dud broadband box which kept dropping connection and on a search of there forum it turned out this was a common problem due to a fault batch being sent out with the wrong firmware.

Many people where complaining on this forum and they where just told to wait for the firmware upgrade.

That I was not happy with so like you I sent an email to CEO's office stating why I was not happy and if they do not sort it within 7 days I will move without penalty as they had not kept there side of the contract.

Sure enough a new router arrived 3 days later and an apologetic letter 4 days later saying they will be sending me a free sky +hd box for my TV and 3 moths of free broadband and TV.

That I duly accepted and it as you say goes to show if the complaint is directed via the right channels results can be had.

The Executives office also phoned me 2 weeks later to check everything was ok and that I was happy with there services.

Regards

Comment

I have written to and indeed spoken to many CEO's. Of them all to date Sky and Three (whose Customer service is appalling!) have been the best.

To be honest, it's lucky for these customers the Executive is good as they would be out of business very quickly otherwise. 3's CEO phoned me a few times in person because of the series of mess ups they made with my accounts with them.

If you want brilliant customer service, TrueCall's is second to none. I have contacted them twice and each time they have been perfect, and I very very rarely use that word. When it comes to CS I view excellence as the norm to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
          Good one

Yup!

All at a flick of a switch phone call, nice to have the power to be connected - 'Now who said that'?
          You did

One day Casper i'll show you my gas bill, that was only sorted out via the CEO's office

Why can't the complaints/Customer Retention/Cancelation/ Accounts/
          Support.....etc sort it out before it has to get that far?

Best customer I get/have got is from a cashback site
          It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

True story here. After my first nervous breakdown I tried to get back to work working in a Comet call centre in North Somerset. I lasted one month. At the end of that month I was elected employee of the month, so I left them. Why? Because during that month I received about 6 bollockings believe it not for resolving the customer's problem!

100% serious - it was not my role to do that is what I was told. Well, if that wasn't my role - what was it?

If ever you buy from Comet bear this in mind! Numpty's!

Comment

Working...
            X