GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Supercomplaints - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supercomplaints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercomplaints

This issue (supercomplaints) has been in the news recently.
    But to start a supercomplaint (a complaint which affects a significant number of people re the same issue), one has to go via a 'designated body'. An individual cannot go straight to the OFT, etc.
    The likes of 'Which', I can understand. But CAMRA?.....(I know beer is important to you guys, but come on! (lol).
    Soooo..........What about a nomination for a good consumer forum (Do we know any? lol)
    I'm sure they would get plenty of support for their application (hint, hint!!)

Re: Supercomplaints

Such as tighter regulation for dca's that keep breaking the rules? (that's in progress) or even regulation of our cra's? (that's also at high level discussion) or even better, giving us more right over our personal data, ie if we dispute a cra entry then it gets removed whilst the lender provides proof instead of it remaining cos a lender "says so" - obviously the current method is 100% biased TOWARDS the lenders, as they pay for the service!

I suggest regulation of cra's under a parliamentary body (fos/oft) thus if cra's breach the dpa guidelines then they get fined, for each offence. So in theory, making them sit up and take ownership of the data they "sell"....

Who's up for it then? I am.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Count me in!!!!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Such as tighter regulation for dca's that keep breaking the rules? (that's in progress) or even regulation of our cra's? (that's also at high level discussion) or even better, giving us more right over our personal data, ie if we dispute a cra entry then it gets removed whilst the lender provides proof instead of it remaining cos a lender "says so" - obviously the current method is 100% biased TOWARDS the lenders, as they pay for the service!

I suggest regulation of cra's under a parliamentary body (fos/oft) thus if cra's breach the dpa guidelines then they get fined, for each offence. So in theory, making them sit up and take ownership of the data they "sell"....

Comment

i like this fine idea

also instant false account removal

hmm
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Me too!
          Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
          SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Whilst this seems a good idea, in theory, it's not really practical as the DTI have made the criteria for bodies wishing to become eligible to make a super complaint almost impossible.

See the attached pdf for details - suffice to say, we'll not be pursuing this!

Interesting to note that no consumer forum group is listed - see the current list here:---> http://www.bis.gov.uk/policies/consu...per-complaints

Oh well, nice idea but not much we can do really
            Attached Files
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Whilst this seems a good idea, in theory, it's not really practical as the DTI have made the criteria for bodies wishing to become eligible to make a super complaint almost impossible.

See the attached pdf for details - suffice to say, we'll not be pursuing this!

Interesting to note that no consumer forum group is listed - see the current list here:---> http://www.bis.gov.uk/policies/consu...per-complaints

Oh well, nice idea but not much we can do really
              Haven't finished reading it yet, but I note 1.10 & 1.11.
              Maybe we could sort out a suitable disguise (wig, dark glasses, false nose & moustache, etc,)

Comment

Working...
              X