GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ebay problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ebay problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay problem

Didn't know where to put this but here goes .

Can anyone advise please, i bought an item on ebay last July it wasn't suitable so i returned it and the seller promised to refund the postage, they did not refund it , i opened a case with ebay who promised me a £3 voucher as compensation, i didn't receive my vouccher either, i have spoken today on chat to ebay and they said they cannot help me and said they cannot find any trace of a case opened for this item , i said if i don't receive my voucher i am reporting ebay to the |OFT , the chat session was cut off .

This has annoyed me as i was just dismissed and was told as far as they are concerned they have tried to sort this problem and there is nothing more they can do as they answered my query . I want my £3 voucher i know it isn't much but i was promised it and now they are saying i can't have it .

Re: ebay problem

here is the chat session where i was offered the voucher

Mukesh 08:50:31
    Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is Mukesh. Let me read your query?

Mukesh 08:52:02
    Hello

me 08:52:14
    hi

me 08:54:04
    i got a refund from a seller for some cushions and they promised to refund the postage which i paid to return them i have received the refund for the cushions but not the postage and the case was closed but i would liek the postage refunding as they promised

Mukesh 08:55:58
    I am sorry to learn seller has not issued you full refund which you were expecting for this item.

Mukesh 08:56:19
    Let me check your account details for this.

me 08:57:12
    okay thank you

Mukesh 08:59:11
    Thank you for waiting.

me 08:59:29
    okay

Mukesh 09:01:05
    May i know how much you have paid for returning this item?

me 09:02:21
    £2.80 i think

Mukesh 09:03:55
    as the case is already closed, we cannot force seller to issue you refund fro return postage as it is to be decided mutually between buyer and seller. In this case, I am issuing you a voucher of £3 to compensate your return postage cost.

Mukesh 09:04:07
    May I know if you are happy with this resolution?

me 09:04:53
    yes that is okay how do i use the voucher please ?

Mukesh 09:06:40
    You will be able to use this voucher for purchasing item on eBay UK. You will receive the voucher with in 24 hours in your account. Please read the terms and condition of voucher to fully utilize the voucher. For future, if you have any dispute fro return postage, please let us know before sending item and we may provide you postage label to return item.

me 09:07:41
    okay thank you very much and for the voucher

Mukesh 09:08:01
    You are welcome.

Comment

todays chat session

Jhoreen 09:42:59
      Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is Jhoreen. How may I be of assistance?

Jhoreen 09:45:36
      Hello . I hope you are well. How may I help you today?

me 09:45:36
      hi i was offered a £3 voucher form ebay on the 15 August this year for an item i returned and was promised a refund on the postage but did not receive it and i haven't received the voucher from ebay as yet , this is the chat log and the reference number of the conversation with ebay chat System09:14:51

D

Customer Support Chat Transcript - SR# 000000000001111

me 09:45:58
      hi

hi

D

Customer Support Chat Transcript - SR# 00000000001
      Jhoreen 09:47:08
      Thanks for summarising your concern I'd be happy to check and help you with the voucher and the postagerefund/

Jhoreen 09:47:11
      Would it be fine to take a minute to go through your account for this?

me 09:47:51
      yes that's okay thank you i will wait for your reply

Jhoreen 09:48:49
      You're welcome and thank you for staying connected. I've checked and can see that another department can further assist and advise you on this . Would it be fine if I connect you to them now?

me 09:49:15
      yes that's okay thanks

Jhoreen 09:49:33
      You're welcome. Kindly stay on the line as I connect you to them.

me 09:49:44
      thank you

Alyssa Mae 09:49:48
      Welcome to eBay Live Chat, my name is Alyssa. Please bear with me for 2 minutes while I review your conversation with my colleague.

me 09:50:04
      ok

Alyssa Mae 09:50:27
      Hi . Thank you for patiently waiting.

me 09:50:41
      no problem

Alyssa Mae 09:50:50
      If I got your concern correctly, you haven't received a refund for an item you have returned, is that correct?

Alyssa Mae 09:51:51
      Hi. I don't mean to rush you but are we still connected?

me 09:51:52
      yes thats correct and ebay said i would receive a £3 voucher because of this but i didn't receive the voucher either

Alyssa Mae 09:52:03
      I am sorry to hear about that. Don't worry, I'll help you with this.

me 09:52:09
      yes thats correct and ebay said i would receive a £3 voucher because of this but i didn't receive the voucher either

me 09:52:23
      okay thanks

Alyssa Mae 09:52:28
      May I ask what voucher are you referring to?

Alyssa Mae 09:52:29
      You're most welcome.

Alyssa Mae 09:53:45
      Hi. I don't mean to rush you but are we still connected?

me 09:53:58
      it is a voucher to cover the postage of returning an item which i was promised from an ebay seller i opened a case withh them but they ddin't refund my postage so ebay said they would send me a £3 voucher

Alyssa Mae 09:55:11
      I am afraid we do not give a voucher for a return postage. However, we give return label for the buyer so that they can return the item for free.

Alyssa Mae 09:55:25
      Before we proceed further, can I have the item number please?

me 09:56:43
      im just looking for it

me 09:58:03
      18" x 18" New Luxury Poodle Cushion Covers Stylish and Fluffy Cushion Covers

( 261351524266 )

Alyssa Mae 09:58:22
      Thank you. Can you give me a minute or 2 to check on this?

me 09:58:43
      yes

Alyssa Mae 09:59:58
      Thank you. I'll be with you shortly.

me 10:00:07
      ok

Alyssa Mae 10:00:57
      Thank you for patiently waiting. I've checked on this and I can see here that there is no case opened for this. May I ask if you have already refunded by your seller the amount of the item and the original postage?

me 10:02:13
      they didn't refund my postage

Alyssa Mae 10:02:54
      Are your referring to the return postage?

me 10:04:30
      yes i emailed the seller and they said i pay for the item to be returned and they would refund it but they didn't

Alyssa Mae 10:04:52
      I see. I am afraid we cannot open a case for return postage.

Alyssa Mae 10:05:24
      I highly advise that you further communicate with your seller regarding this since they are the one that can give you a refund for this.

me 10:05:54
      so i have been ripped off and lied to by both the seller and ebay because i was promised a £3 voucher form ebay and i didn't receive this

Alyssa Mae 10:07:41
      Please do understand that if you will be returning an item, you should open a return case so that once this is accepted by your seller, you will be issued a return label so that you can return the item for free. If they fail to accept the case after 8 days, you can contact us so that we can escalate it and issue you a return label.

Alyssa Mae 10:08:29
      I would like to apologize if the resolution to your problem is not what you wanted, but other than this issue, is there anything else issue that you would like me to assist you with?

Alyssa Mae 10:08:54
      I really wish there is really something else I could have done to try to resolve this, but this is the best option that I could think of at this point in time.

me 10:09:23
      I did open a case and i have the emails to prove tha ebay were sorting it , i was promised a voucher and if i don't receive it am going to report ebay to the OFT

Alyssa Mae 10:10:01
      I certainly understand where your coming from, however, I believe I already answered your concern regarding this matter. If you do not have other concerns, I'll end this chat now. Thank you for using eBay.

System10:10:03
      The chat session is being wrapped up.

The chat session has ended.

This chat was on 12/02/2014. All times in the above transcript are in the following time zone: (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

Comment

the case that was opened which ebay couldn't find today

Case closed: Issue resolved

This case is closed.

The seller has issued a full refund of £19.00 to your PayPal account and the case is now closed. 13 Aug, 2014 at 13:19

Refund information:
        A full refund of £19.00 was issued on 13 Aug, 2014. The refund includes the purchase price plus original P&P and was issued to your PayPal account. Please log in to PayPal and view the history page if you don't see it in your PayPal balance.

You've responded to the seller. 13 Aug, 2014 at 12:12

Your message to the seller:
        "Can you tell me if you have received the cushions yet i posted them last Tuesday . Thanks"

You've responded to the seller. 11 Aug, 2014 at 13:04

Your message to the seller:
        "Hello, Thank you i will check my email later to see if you have received it yet ."

The seller has responded to your case with another solution. 11 Aug, 2014 at 11:50

Seller's message:
        "Hello, We are still awaiting for our post this morning. We should get this by today if you have posted it last week. We will let you know by this afternoon. Thank you"

You've responded to the seller. 11 Aug, 2014 at 06:56

The seller has responded to your case with another solution. 30 Jul, 2014 at 20:05

Seller's message:
        " Thank you."

You've responded to the seller. 30 Jul, 2014 at 19:59

The seller has responded to your case with another solution. 30 Jul, 2014 at 14:03

Seller's message:
        "Hello, Thats fine. We will refund you postage as well. We want to ensure you get the best possible service from us."

You've responded to the seller. 30 Jul, 2014 at 13:44

The seller has responded to your case with another solution. 30 Jul, 2014 at 10:22

Seller's message:
        "Hello, Thank you for your email. We can gladly refund you. Please note that we have stated that the pictures are for illustration purposes and slight variation may arise. Please return to: Duvets & Pillows Online 28 Ashfield Road Rochdale, Lancs OL11 1PX"

Customer Support has opened a case for you.The seller has until 07 Aug, 2014 to respond. 30 Jul, 2014 at 10:08

The details you provided:
        The item doesn't match the seller's description.
        You paid for the item on 26 Jul, 2014.
        There's a problem with 4 items in the order.
        Your phone number: 0000000000.

You didn't give permission to share this phone number with the seller.
        The item is wrong
        Additional information:
        "Hi, I have just received the cushion covers and they are the wrong shade they look completely different to the picture so i would like to return them and have a full refund please . Thanks "
        You've requested:
        You prefer to return the item in exchange for a full refund.

Comment

To be honest I don't think there is anything you can do.

Sellers don't usually refund postage when you return an item. I've had to pay return postage on a damaged item which was really annoying but you returned the cushion covers because you didn't like the colour. Most sellers have a disclaimer in the listing which says that the colour may not be exactly as shown because of the difference in monitors.

I don't know why you were offered a voucher in the first place but, even though it's annoying that you hedgehog received it, I wouldn't bother complaining to the OFT.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I only said i would report them to OFT because they went back on their word as its clear they offered a voucher and then went back on their word . I don't like being lied to lol

Comment

Well if you have evidence, why not just email complaints and literally say, see below webchat - please provide the voucher asap..... if they fob you off then it's a lesson learned by not to use sites such as eBay. eBay is dearer than most stores now, I don't bother with it at all - too many scammers as well.....

You won't get far with the Regulator - eBay run the regulator most likely

Anyways - good luck
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Well if you have evidence, why not just email complaints and literally say, see below webchat - please provide the voucher asap..... if they fob you off then it's a lesson learned by not to use sites such as eBay. eBay is deader than most stores now, I don't bother with it at all - too many scammers as well.....

You won't get far with the Regulator - eBay run the regulator most likely

Anyways - good luck
                cheers niddy will do that just because they have annoyed me now

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  eBay is dearer than most stores now, I don't bother with it at all - too many scammers as well.....
                  So true. Many people assume e-bay is always the cheapest place to get stuff, which isn't always the case.
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

: Re: ebay problem

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                    I don't know why you were offered a voucher in the first place but, even though it's annoying that you hedgehog received it, I wouldn't bother complaining to the OFT.
                    Hedgehog?

Q: What is the difference between a hedgehog and the eBay support team?
                    A: With a hedgehog, all the pricks are on the outside.

Comment

ha ha absolutely, they are never straight forward to deal with.
                      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Re: : Re: ebay problem

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        Hedgehog?

Q: What is the difference between a hedgehog and the eBay support team?
                        A: With a hedgehog, all the pricks are on the outside.
                        Bloomin predictive text on my phone!
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                          I only said i would report them to OFT because they went back on their word as its clear they offered a voucher and then went back on their word . I don't like being lied to lol
                          Reporting eBay to the OFT isn't likely to do anything.

Nor would reporting them to Consumers Direct, or to your local Trading Standards wallahs, as eBay is probably based in Luxembourg.

Finally, you weren't "lied to" - the help desk drone who offered you the £3 voucher probably shouldn't have done that but, as he seems to have been of Indian ancestry, he was just truing a little too hard to be helpful. The second help desk drone was of European descent and, hence, felt no such cultural obligation.

If you want to take up the matter with anyone, take it up with the vendor as they do not appear to have fully complied with the Distance Selling Regulations.
                          http://www.carehome.co.uk/supplier.c...ef/65432197824
                          http://www.duvetsandpillowsonline.com/

He seemed to be running another business from the same, three bedroom, semi-detached house:
                          http://www.ilancashire.co.uk/profile...ive-Toe-Socks/

It uses/used the same 'phone number, too - 01706 661764

Mr Muneer seems to have a rather strange idea of how the Sale Of Goods Act applies to his business - he won't refund any products that he cannot resell:
                          http://www.duvetsandpillowsonline.com/return_policy

You may also wish to contact the ICO, as Mr Muneer seems not to be listed on the Data Protection Register. Whoops!

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            Reporting eBay to the OFT isn't likely to do anything.

Nor would reporting them to Consumers Direct, or to your local Trading Standards wallahs, as eBay is probably based in Luxembourg.

Finally, you weren't "lied to" - the help desk drone who offered you the £3 voucher probably shouldn't have done that but, as he seems to have been of Indian ancestry, he was just truing a little too hard to be helpful. The second help desk drone was of European descent and, hence, felt no such cultural obligation.

If you want to take up the matter with anyone, take it up with the vendor as they do not appear to have fully complied with the Distance Selling Regulations.
                            http://www.carehome.co.uk/supplier.c...ef/65432197824
                            http://www.duvetsandpillowsonline.com/

He seemed to be running another business from the same, three bedroom, semi-detached house:
                            http://www.ilancashire.co.uk/profile...ive-Toe-Socks/

It uses/used the same 'phone number, too - 01706 661764

Mr Muneer seems to have a rather strange idea of how the Sale Of Goods Act applies to his business - he won't refund any products that he cannot resell:
                            http://www.duvetsandpillowsonline.com/return_policy

You may also wish to contact the ICO, as Mr Muneer seems not to be listed on the Data Protection Register. Whoops!

wow thanks for that, looks like i will just let it go as i got refunded for the cushions just not the P&P . I am now going to give him bad feedback on ebay .

Comment

It's the being fobbed off and the principle.
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X