GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script From Virgin to Primus Saver. And lies. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Virgin to Primus Saver. And lies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Virgin to Primus Saver. And lies.

Good afternoon.
    I wanted to ask the opinion of the users of this forum about something that happened to me quite recently:
    My wife and I moved into our rented flat in Glasgow's west end a month and something ago. Obviously one of the first things to sort out is an internet connection, and so we started compare all the companies out there and their packages. Since we don't really need a telephone line we have chosen the only company that offers broadband without a line: Virgin.
    After personally checking on their website that our address was ok to go for the service (it officially was... And still is up to now) I subscribed. An installation date was given to us (10 or more days to wait) so we start waiting. One or two days before the big date I receive a call from Virgin saying that our address may actually not be set up for their services.. That they may need the building management number to sort everything out and that in case of a negative response they would pass our details to another company they work with, Primus saver, so they can offer us something for about the same price we were ready to pay. Fair enough, I think. Not even a day to search for the building management number Virgin asked me for that I receive a call from this sales person from primus saver. He is quite pushy to offer us a package with them and when I tell that virgin said that they are not quite sure if our address is covered yet he answers ''I am telling you right now, it is sure it is not''. Obviously I think that,since the gentleman has my number, he's been referred from Virgin and he knows what he is saying, so after hearing his offer I decide to sign up with them right there on the phone. After a while I receive a text saying that the installation date will be on the 21st of November.. Basically Mother month to wait.
    I call their call center and after more than half an hour on the phone I manage to speak with someone who,after hearing my question on why we have to wait so much, says that there is nothing he can do about it. At this point I am quite frustrated and tell him that I'm definitely thinking about cancel my contract. His baffling answer is that the day after would be the limit of this cooling
    Period so I cannot cancel without paying a fine which s an entire month cost to cancel my contract.
    After the cooling period is finished I receive a mail from the same lady from Virgin I was talking to before which says that they still need that number to sort out the situation.. At this point I get a suspect and I explain the situation to her and her answer is: -Only Virgin could have confirmed what the salesman from primus saver did.

Now I'm stuck with them because of a lying salesman and I really don't know what to do apart from being frustrated and angry.

Help.

Re: From Virgin to Primus Saver. And lies.

I'm not surprised you're frustrated and angry!

I can't offer any help personally but I'm sure someone will be along who can.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I had a very similar runaround when trying to get an internet connection for my daughter at uni. I can't recall whether they referred me to somewhere else or not now but my daughter was given a right runaround; the direct debit was set up and cancelled by us 3 times after a string of false promises..... and they still said there were "capacity issues" in the area. It was resolved eventually with some kind of goodwill gesture thrown in but it took a while.

Bottom line is.... they were unable to provide you with a service which you began paying for at the beginning of that contract.... so yes, they will need to cancel it. From what you've said, you rang to cancel it soon after realising you wouldn't get a connection for another month. If they'd told you that sooner, you would have cancelled it sooner.

The trouble with doing these things over the phone is that you can get fed all kinds of bollocks, so I would suggest sending an email to both Primus Saver and Virgin (as their agents) to raise a formal complaint. In the meantime, cancel any direct debit that's been set up. I'm assuming that trying to get an email address will be another kind of runaround, so if you haven't got one.... we'll have to get hold it it another way.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Aha.... found one attached to an old email....

webteam@virginmedia.co.uk

If Virgin Media put you in touch with the muppets at Primus, then they need to sort it out as they sound part of the same outfit. This address may also be useful re. complaining:

Registered office: Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UP (Virgin Media)

**Edit.... Just found the contact email for Primus Saver as: savers@newcalltelecom.co.uk

Just found a freephone number for Primus as well.... 0800 036 0094

I'm on a roll today....

Last edited by PriorityOne; 14 November 2013, 13:50.
        Remember the mantra:

Comment

Thanks, PriorityOne... I'll try the email first thing tomorrow (I'm on a non-unlimited 3g on my phone... took me like half an hour to write my thread today )

The only doubt is, reading reviews on the web, that Primus doesn't really answer emails.. But who knows!

Comment

Originally posted by giovanni.zani.garreffa View Post
            Thanks, PriorityOne... I'll try the email first thing tomorrow (I'm on a non-unlimited 3g on my phone... took me like half an hour to write my thread today )

The only doubt is, reading reviews on the web, that Primus doesn't really answer emails.. But who knows!
            If you send a similar email to everyone under the sun, then someone will action it. That's generally what I do when I'm pissed off with companies....
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

If all else fails, email the CEO of Virgin Media Tom Mockridge tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk

I couldn't find an email address for the CEO of Primus Saver but I'll keep looking...
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hello, good guys of the forum.
                I've just sent an email to the two addresses PriorityOne suggested (double copy and the CEO in hidden copy, for a laugh).
                Since I'm not sure about my maccheroni English I copy you the text of the email, for your information:
                --------------------------

Good evening.

My name is MrX and I am writing in double copy to Virgin Media and New Call Telecom regarding a recent situation I'm in:

My wife and I moved into our new flat in Glasgow's west end over a month ago. After some comparing for the most suitable broadband package we decided to sign up with Virgin, because it is the only company that offers broadband without a line, which we don't need. I have checked online for the address availability and everything was okay for the broadband (*** ***, ****** STREET, GLASGOW, G** ** - in case you want to check personally).
                A slot for the installation was booked and confirmed for the 29th of October. On the 22nd of October I receive an e-mail from a Virgin person saying that our building was an uncabled one in a cabled street, and she asked me to find the building management number to sort everything out and that in case of a negative response they would pass our details to another company they work with, in this case Primus Saver, so they can offer us something for about the same price we were ready to pay.

Fair enough, I think.

Not even a day to search for the building management number that I receive a call from this sales person from Primus Saver (a.k.a. New Call Telecom). He is quite pushy to offer us a package with them and when I tell him that the person from Virgin was still working on the case he answers ''I am telling you right now, it is sure your address is not up for the broadband''. Obviously I think that, since the gentleman has my number, he's been referred from Virgin and he knows what he is talking about, so after hearing his insisting offer I decide to sign up with them (being naive, I know) right there on the phone.
                We receive a text message with a new installation slot, this time for the 21st of November (more than a month to wait, again, without the internet).
                I contact their call center (after half an hour on the queue) and ask if it is possible to have this waiting time reduced, otherwise we would have to cancel the contract, as we need an internet connection as soon as possible. He says he can't really do anything about it and, more baffling, that if we wanted to cancel it without paying a cancellation fine up to a month of service cost we had to do it within the 6th (the day after - the end of the cool off period). Several reasons have prevented me from cancelling and on that same day the same person from Virgin comes back to me with an e-mail saying that she still needs the building management number to work out the case.

At this point I get a suspect and I explain the situation to her and her answer is (copied and pasted):

Another company wouldn't be able to or shouldn't be providing that confirmation, if we 100% weren't I would have already known.
                We need that information to pursue the case, I think it seems they've said this to secure your sale.
                I could have sent you a mobile dongle out to provide some internet, until we had a definitive answer.

My questions are:
                • Why and who passed my details to Primus Savers before a definitive answer on the matter?
                • Why is my address ready for broadband on the website, when is clearly not?

We have found ourselves stuck in an awkward situation, that left us understandably frustrated.

Hoping you can answer my questions and help us get the service we were requiring (hopefully with Virgin).

Regards
                MrX

__________________________--
                hoping this will do..... what do you think?

I'll keep you updated on any development (if I'll be sneaky enough to borrow some wi-fi from neighbours :P )

GZG-
                Last edited by Pixie; 15 November 2013, 21:46. Reason: Removed name

Comment

Ok... give it a while and see if anyone gets back to you. If not, I'll draft something else to kick their backsides a bit.

If you have not yet cancelled any direct debit instruction, you need to do so immediately.
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                  X