GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UGH argos woes. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UGH argos woes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UGH argos woes.

I just bought a laptop from argos... and I HATE IT. I hate eerything about it.. it looked good online had good reviews my old laptop (*the one im currently using) is starting to become outdated and old. so i thought i would treat myself to a bday gift.

I have just spent 400.00 on a laptop and now argos say Oh well you bought it and you can't take it back... its exempt from the 30day guarentee... WTF I thought since its a catalogue shop I could order and if i didn't like it i could return it.

Guess not now im frustrated and don't hae a new laptop as i REFUSE to use this new POS... not a good day.

Re: UGH argos woes.

Oh Jen

I don't claim to know the law on returns - Argos's policy is here http://www.argos.co.uk/static/StaticDis ... efunds.htm

Seems that products marked † are excluded from 30 day returns - was yours???
    Will they exchange it?
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah i just saw its excluded.. GRRRR

Nope they won't do anything about it. I guess its myfault for buying something sight unseen (all though there is no way you can see it before you buy it)

I got it on buy now pay 9 mths later which was great all though i have the money as ie been saving for this for a while now

frustration. I hate spending money in the first place.. and to find its not what I want is gutting.

Comment

Can you go down the "not fit for purpose" route? What is it you hate about it? Is it too slow to load pages etc?
        Processor rubbish? Might be worth a go. Out of interest, which lappy was it - what reviews are there?

Niddy must know a way round it, he knows everything worth knowing

sigpic

Comment

Oh, Jen it doesn't sound very fair!

Are you able to find something fundamentally wrong with it, which clearly contradicts the description on the web site?

As Diddly says, Niddy should know a way round it!

Perhaps keeping at them until they give in - persistence often pays!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hahah I might crack the screen... it won't work then!

No its just not what I wanted and it was hard to see on the website. it has good reiews dont get me wrong hence why I bought it but the keyboard is not what I want/need. You know when something just doesn't FEEL right?

Comment

You should be able to return for refund for any reason within 14 days according to DSR ? No ?
              I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

if you not contacted them as yet, just say that when you recieved , that the screen is damaged or? and that as you needed a laptop quickly, that they can have it back and you've got another one from somewhere else, or it doesn't do the functions that you require it to do (was it online or in shop you got it from)?
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I picked it up from the shop... and as soon as I paid for it and read my reciept it said "does not qualify for 30 day guarentee this does not go against your statutory rights"

I asked what that meant and she said "You cant just bring it back if you don't like it only if it doesn't work."

Comment

as Argos website says:
                    if you have ordered by telephone or internet, under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have a statutory right to cancel your order and receive a full refund for any home delivery item (excluding those ordered in-store) if you buy it mail order the distance selling rules apply and you have 7days to return it Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have a right to cancel your order for any item purchased on this website for a full refund....

[size=5]You have the right to cancel your order up to 7 days after the day of delivery of the product, provided that the product is unopened and all original seals and packaging are intact. Argos Entertainment will allow you to return the product up to 28 days after the day of delivery of your product, provided that the product is unopened and all original seals and packaging are intact.
                    ------------------------------------
                    If there's a fault with the product...Argos says

* If you bring it back to us within 30 days with your proof of purchase, we'll give you a
                    replacement or a refund
                    ------------------------------------
                    you are fully covered under the Sales of Goods Act 1979 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54
                    You are also covered under the Consumer Credit Act if the item had been purchased on credit/using a credit card providing it's cost was £100+

Refunds

You can get your money back if an item is:

* faulty (it doesn’t work properly)
                    * incorrectly described
                    * not fit for purpose

If you find that the item doesn’t meet these requirements you can ask for your money back, as long as you do so quickly. Alternatively, you can request a repair or replacement or claim compensation.

You do not have a right to a refund if you:

* change your mind about a product*
                    * decide you do not like it*

* Don't mention those

Comment

hahah I wont mention the I hate it. But its not fit for purpose I like it..

SO because I purchased it on criedt *(does DSR -- cover ordering it online picking it up from store?)

Comment

Well for one, I would try the "I ordered it online - to collect" - as in theory you did order it, by reserving it.
                        Not sure about the credit bit - might be another way to get out of it??? Check T&C's of credit agreement?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah blah! I wish it was just a good laptop haha.. Ill wait for Niddy see if he has some insight!

Comment

Tell them it has an "intermittent fault" ..... and that under the "Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002" that it is up to the store (not the manufacturer or anyone else) to prove that it wasnt faulty at the point of purchase.

Thing is with "intermittent faults" is they dont always happen (hence why they are intermittent - and a fact most Argos employees probably dont understand) and are difficult to diagnose.

Comment

awesome thank you xx

Comment

Working...
                              X