GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script [SETTLED]- 1st Credit ( MoonBeaver ) v Swaroman - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SETTLED]- 1st Credit ( MoonBeaver ) v Swaroman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SETTLED]- 1st Credit ( MoonBeaver ) v Swaroman

Your AAD Forum Username

Swaroman

Name of Claimant

1st Credit

Name of Claimant's Solicitors

MoonBeaver

Claim Issue Date

24 March 2015

Who Signed the Claim Form?

The Solicitor Firm (i.e. Joe Blogs Solicitor)

How much is being Claimed?

Under £10,000

Have you Submitted the AoS Response?

No

If Yes, when was the AoS Submitted

-

Details of Claim

Credit card balance.
    Agreement dated June 2006.
    Date of default October 2010.
    Assigned to 1st Credit June 2013
    Balance at date of default £1500, plus 8% interest per annum, court costs and solicitors cost.
    This was one of several debts that went into default at a bad time time in life, mental health and matrimonial issues. Some got paid back in full (totalling some £42500), others got nothing as that was all I could do.
    I haven't sent appears to contest the debt when it was assigned, as all this is a bit hard for me to understand.
    I'd great appreciate help on how to defend myself , or contest it in case it is unenforceable.
    Last edited by Swaroman; 26 March 2015, 17:11. Reason: spelling errors.

Re: 1st Credit ( MoonBeaver ) v Swaroman - Issued 24 March 2015

Hello Swaroman and to AAD.

We'll get to work on this straight away.

Can you scan and email a copy of the front page of the claim form (N1) without blanking anything out to Never-in-Doubt (forum owner) using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk with a copy to me using planB@all-about-debt.co.uk and undercoverelsa@all-about-debt.co.uk and we'll take it from there.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by Swaroman View Post
      (totalling some £42500)
      Is that right, ie 42 and a half thousand pounds....?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Last post deleted as it had your personal details attached!!

Public Thread
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

We've got your emailed copy now thanks

Who was the original creditor for this debt?

Plan B x

Comment

Having to think back..... from recollection, it was AA Credit Card.
            Sorry to be a nuisance re the form a moment ago!

Comment

Sorry to be a nuisance re the form a moment ago!
              You're not a nuisance at all. You were probably feeling a bit spooked by the arrival of a court summons so your head's all over the place which is understandable.

You're in safe hands now.

Comment

Having to think back..... from recollection, it was AA Credit Card.
                If it was an AA credit card it may have originally been issued by MBNA - does that ring a bell?

Comment

Hi Swaroman, welcome to AAD!

It will all seem a bit daunting at first but you'll soon get the hang of it! We'll look after you!

If there's anything you're not sure about just shout..

Elsa x

Comment

Diary Dates:
                    Claim issued 24.03.2015
                    AOS due: 11.04.2015
                    Defence due: 25.04.2015

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Is that right, ie 42 and a half thousand pounds....?
                      Yes - I did as much as I could to pay it all back, to try and defend Mrs Swaro', as the £42.5k was in joint names with (two unsecured loans, which cost that much to pay back in total; all nice and satisfied). The rest (a further £20k of assorted credit cards, a small overdraft and an unsecured loan) was in my sole name and had to be shelved on the grounds of affordability (the lack thereof) over a period between seven and just over four years ago. With hindsight, I maybe should've gone bankrupt once the joint debts had gone.
                      Then, a couple of years ago or so, I found the AAD Forum and tried to learn about and what to do re much of the unenforceable ones, and as for the others; have tended to wait it out to let more of them go statute-barred - then this

Comment

It was branded as AA, but again from recollection; it was Bank of Scotland.

Comment

According to Google BOS disassociated itself from their AA branded card and then re-issued new cards etc. but I've not had time to source the date http://www.theaa.com/credit-card/cre...d-rebrand.html

I'm never one to give false hope, but whenever a creditor messes with the legal "owner" of an account there is always room for a margin of error which is inherited by a debt purchaser such as 1st Credit

Plan B xx

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            According to Google BOS disassociated itself from their AA branded card and then re-issued new cards etc. but I've not had time to source the date http://www.theaa.com/credit-card/cre...d-rebrand.html

I'm never one to give false hope, but whenever a creditor messes with the legal "owner" of an account there is always room for a margin of error which is inherited by a debt purchaser such as 1st Credit

Plan B xx
                            Well, for the moment, I can at least hope!!! And if all fails, they can't forceably take my kidneys or a cornea, so I shan't worry to excess. And again, I appreciate your interest and support.
                            I just checked an online credit file service, and 1st Crudit reported a QY to the agencies a couple on months ago. The records on there no longer confirm whether it was BoS and the paperwork will be more than hard to find now.
                            Just out of interest, can they still send updates that show as "Default" codes, to the CRA's when the account go SB?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              If it was an AA credit card it may have originally been issued by MBNA - does that ring a bell?
                              Well, for the moment, I can at least hope!!! And if all fails, they can't forceably take my kidneys or a cornea, so I shan't worry to excess. And again, I appreciate your interest and support.
                              I just checked an online credit file service, and 1st Crudit reported a QY to the agencies a couple on months ago. The records on there no longer confirm whether it was BoS and the paperwork will be more than hard to find now.
                              Just out of interest, can they still send updates that show as "Default" codes, to the CRA's when the account go SB?
                              AA Card was originally issued by BOS / HBOS, but came across to MBNA when the AA dis-associated itself and MBNA bought the portfolio (2004/2006 possibly??)

I think AA now issue themselves or via anther bank and not MBNA.

If this was originally BOS, it would have gone over to MBNA.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X