GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BT final bill - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BT final bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT final bill

I moved my broadband/phone suppliers a couple of months back and a few days ago had the final bill from BT. For a start they tried to charge me £30 for not asking for a mac code. I said, 'Would you like a copy of the email that you sent giving me this, dipshits?!'

Anyway they're taking that off the bill but that leaves £36 outstanding which i don't have. I offered monthly installments but they rejected it. The bill they sent says payment by January 26, i've already had a reminder today threatening to send it to a DCA if payment isn't received.

So should i wait for it to be passed on or offer £1 token payments?

I took screen shots of the online convo where they rejected my offer of payment.

Re: BT final bill

Hi Swanfan
    A very similar thing happened to me and the only thing I would say is that the dca that BT use (something like CCL cant quite remember the name) were absolutely vicious and by far the worst dca I have had to deal with, they frightened the life out of me nasty incessant phone calls and stacks of letters and it went from recieving a final bill from BT to a solicitors letter in the space of 3 weeks they were not interested in my personal circumstances or difficulties they went for the jugular.
    I contacted BT and asked them to take the debt back which they did eventually and I paid it in 3 instalments even though I had arranged this with BT I still got a lot of really nasty heavy phone calls they refused to stop calling me until the debt was cleared which BT would notify them. It was really horrible. My advise would be to try again with BT to pay instalments as if it does get passed to the same dca it could get a bit bumpy. Sorry if I have alarmed you, that is not my intention just trying to help from my personal experience.
    Hope you can get it sorted
    Kind Regards

Comment

Hmmm 1 thing they won't do is scare me, they can threaten all they like. £1 a month is the most they'll get, if it's not enough tough!!

Comment

could always send them Northern Ireland £1.00 Bank notes or £36 in 1p's (Legal Tender).........to pish them off BIG!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
          or £36 in 1p's (Legal Tender)
          No mate, it's not legal tender.... only upto 20p is, the rest can legally be refused by the business...

See here: ---> Legal Tender Guidelines
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

In England and Wales the £5, £10, £20 and £50 notes are legal tender for payment of any amount. However, they are not legal tender in Scotland and Northern Ireland
            so you can still use the Northern Ireland notes then, for payments of £1.00 irish notes.........

Or if SWFN offered £5.00 in 5ps as token on payments

Both will pish them off then......lol
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

BT are normally fairly reasonable in agreeing repayment installments as long as they can see they're going to get their money back.

I don't think they'd willingly accept just £1 per month, but if that is all you can genuinely afford, then that is what you have to pay.

They will no doubt want an IE to back up your claims, though as I'm sure you know this is not something you are obliged to supply. However, if you have one and it backs up your assertion that £1 is all you can afford, send it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                I don't think they'd willingly accept just £1 per month, but if that is all you can genuinely afford, then that is what you have to pay.
                Well i have mortgage arrears so that will take priority over the BT bill. £1 is what they'll get.

Comment

Had a final reminder today & a threat of restricting my service.

Dumb twats!!

Comment

I've had a letter from commercial credit services dca re the bt bill, threatening possible court action & that a claim may be issued, with this breakdown:-

Oustanding amount- £43.45
                    Court Fees- £35.00
                    Solicitors- £50.00
                    Interest- £0.29
                    ----------------------
                    Total- £128.74

The original amount is £34.76 & i paid a £1 last month so i'm not sure where they're oa comes from.

Any thoughts?

Comment

why don't you just ermm, pay it mate?

It's £35
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        why don't you just ermm, pay it mate?

It's £35
                        Erm coz i don't have £35 that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                          Erm coz i don't have £35 that's why.

Comment

we recently moved from BT, got hubby to phone for the mac code. they told him he had to wait till the day of the switch and phone back then for it
                            I called them straight back explained what the first joker had said and told him if i didn't get the code within 5 days, as quoted on their site, i was taking the complaint further, i was asked to wait. a few seconds later he gave me the code

Comment

Working...
                            X