Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google

Hi. Expert opinion needed. When i am using I.E. on my laptop with Google as my home page and i put a search in, it flashes to redirection page. Do you think it is anything to worry about. I have avg pro and run another clean up program as well.

Re: Google

Sounds like a browser hijacker Jon.

Have a look here:

Browser Hijacking | Browser Hijacking Fix | Browser Hijacking Removal

Comment

Thanks, will run a few of the tools to check it out.

Comment

When I have had hijackers in the past, I have had to manually delete them.

Not as difficult as it sounds really. I used spybot search and destroy, then rather than fix, I copied the registry link down, and went into regedit to delete.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thaanks guys, run spybot, a full virus scan, used the microsoft sotware removal tool , nothing showed up and it still does it.
          I have altered my DNS servers so I am not sure if that could be it (as in computeractiver magazine)

Comment

It's nothing serious like browser attacking!

Try changing the homepage again ---> How to Change Your Home Page in Internet Explorer

However, note from early July all our sites will be revamped and NONE will be IE compatible. None (including the forum).
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, yet again you suceed to put my mind at rest.
              I do have chrome on , I am just one of those odd people that like IE

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                Thanks Niddy, yet again you suceed to put my mind at rest.
                I do have chrome on , I am just one of those odd people that like IE
                Chrome is ok (I used to hate that too ) but got converted....

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  However, note from early July all our sites will be revamped and NONE will be IE compatible. None (including the forum).
                  Will have to go on strike then! Am sure we have rights!!!

Hate FF and Chrome with a passion - just dont like them full stop. So much for a democratic society!
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                    Will have to go on strike then! Am sure we have rights!!!

Hate FF and Chrome with a passion - just dont like them full stop. So much for a democratic society!
                    Speak to IE mate - they use ancient standards thus making webbies jobs a lot harder with unnecessary work all cos their browser doesn't support the 'norm'...

p.s. Chrome is pretty much IE, in all but colour (and we'll be fully chrome standard)

Comment

?Oscar, who told you we lived in a democracy ?

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                        ?Oscar, who told you we lived in a democracy ?
                        Shurrup and get to work so you can come home and give me your wages before ironing, hoovering and polishing (I just had to google those three words as I don't know what they mean)

BITCH!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          It's nothing serious like browser attacking!

Try changing the homepage again ---> How to Change Your Home Page in Internet Explorer

Are you being serious Because if I've understood that right I won't be able to access AAD because my browser is Internet Explorer 9. I guess this will mean goodbye to Plan B then

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            Are you being serious Because if I've understood that right I won't be able to access AAD because my browser is Internet Explorer 9. I guess this will mean goodbye to Plan B then
                            Well IE uses their own weird standards (ie code language) meaning that when we update sites to HTML5/CSS3 IE will miss most the functions. I could show you an example however I have just removed the file structure from the domain so right now can't but basically, in IE everything 'fancy' crashes as their standards don't recognise the code used.

I spent over 2hrs Friday messing with something to work in IE which as a result failed Chrome, Mobile and parts of safari.

Based on the time taken, the fact IE is so awkward and the fact we do not employ an IT team to run such changes, it's money and time wasted when we could be resourcing it in other areas.

Therefore I made the decision to keep the forum running in multi-browser however I will be stopping all standard IE support for all other sites, this means on AAD you'll not see templates (as they are jQuery driven) nor will you see a lot of other content.

As for our new service, this is all tailored to the smart browser and mobile, so in essence just upgrade to Chrome which will mean nothing changes except instead of a shitty blue e you'll get a shitty multi-coloured chrome icon instead but otherwise there aint much difference between the two.

So yea, I am being serious but not with respect to the forum, the current IE fix used on the forum is working fine and unless it crashes when we change the forum to CSS3 next month, then fine. If however it does crash, unfortunately we'll lose the forum on IE.

Sorry but we have to cater for the majority. Our stats show us that less than 3% of users here use IE. 70% Chrome/FireFox mix, 20% mobile device or notepad and the other 7% is various others like Opera, Safari etc etc......

Thus we plan based according to stats, like all other businesses.

Comment

Here is an example....

This image shows AAD in normal IE view (after I have added no less than 4 IE fixes) - so it appears as though AAD will be fine so long as you're using IE9+

Notice the placement of the search box, top right hand side......

Click image for larger version

Name:	IE_old.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	1387124

Ok, now with IE, if you're viewing pages that look weird and say the search box buggers off to the top of the page and/or is missing altogether - you can click the little link (it's blue in the image below) called 'Compatability view' which basically merges code to get the bext view for your browser.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IE_old2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	1387126

It was the compatability view that worried me but after adding a fix earlier, the problem seems to have gone. ie when you click the mode change, as image 2 above shows, it then changes the search box out of sync to the original view.

So, reverse that. Without the fix, if you viewed AAD in IE that's where the search box would have been. After adding the fix, it seems to have resolved it.

But point here is, if you ever visit a site and can't see images and/or buttons/flash content/java stuff etc then click the compatability view link in the address browser as shown in both images above, to get a better view.

You'll be fine

Comment

Working...
                              X