GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Windows 7 sucks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 7 sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 sucks

I got myself a laptop a couple of months ago
    it came with Windows 7 pre installed and what a load of crap that is.

I tried installing some programs,
    so far 14 out of the 21 programs are not supported or will not work with Windows 7,
    I stopped trying after that.

There is also a couple of partitions on the hard drive (D: Recovery – E: HP tools) that always comes up with a message = Low disc space

WTF its a 500GB hard drive with nowt on it

I want to get rid of both – Windows 7 and the partition E: HP tools
    and re-install Windows XP ,

I got quite good at re-installing Windows ME

How do I do it ?
    It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Windows 7 sucks

what? You want to get rid of Win7 mate?

Its the best OS ever designed by MS mate (in my opinion and a lot of tech-heads too), you're mad. Instead of refusing to accept change, try asking us to sort the issues for you and tell us the compatibility issues with software and we'll help fix them if we can.

Win7 is the dogs bollocks mate, it really is..... I am XP through and through but see now I'm on Win7, I'll never go back. Win7 is soooo stable it's unreal.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have never had any issues with Win7 always found a work around for old programs and drivers.

Even my printer had a driver in the windows drivers file that worked as HP are not releasing win 7 drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        I have never had any issues with Win7 always found a work around for old programs and drivers.

Even my printer had a driver in the windows drivers file that worked as HP are not releasing win 7 drivers.
        in fact you're a good test pilot cos you recently swapped didn't you - and do you like it?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes fantastic and works a treat with Microsoft Essentials very stable much better than that vista shite and with XP being in most part unsupported win 7 is the way to go.

Comment

Ditto - very stable and well put together. Don't understand the lack of hd space, mine only has 320GB, but runs w7 with loads of programmes, some supposedly incompatible, without any issues.

Comment

This is all I have and no issues at all.
              Attached Files

Comment

depends on what version of 7 you have as well...some have a "windows xp" compatibility mode....i've been more than happy with mine since I preordered before release

Just recently wiped and reinstalled windows 7 home prem on a 64gb ssd drive...boots now in under 9 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  what? You want to get rid of Win7 mate?

YES

Its the best OS ever designed by MS mate (in my opinion and a lot of tech-heads too), you're mad
                  Possibly (you'll never get my medical records).

Instead of refusing to accept change, try asking us to sort the issues for you and tell us the compatibility issues with software and we'll help fix them if we can.
                  I know mate

Win7 is the dogs bollocks mate, it really is..... I am XP through and through but see now I'm on Win7, I'll never go back. Win7 is soooo stable it's unreal.
                  Win 7 is just bollocks
                  I stuck a few coments in

I did expect Rizzle to say get Linux

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

^^^^^ Win7 is not bollocks - sorry mate, that's totally incorrect

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
                      I did expect Rizzle to say get Linux
                      Now that you mention it......

Nah. May not be what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post

That to me is the problem,
                        Why need to find a work around

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          ^^^^^ Win7 is not bollocks - sorry mate, that's totally incorrect
                          Tis

Comment

Numpty - I am with you ALLLLL the way!!

Win 7 is garbage. It may well be more stable, but the actual program design? - errgghh I'd rather be shot!

Incidentally, on this "new" computer I am running Vista, as that is what was installed and cant stand it!

Comment

Notice both the complainers above are those that know feck all about pootin - says it all

Bit like asking the pope which is the best whore to order tonight really

Comment

Working...
                              X