GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Do I Want an Olympic Badge - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I Want an Olympic Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I Want an Olympic Badge

Just a quick lead in. When I moved to Hooray Hall some six years ago the electricity supplier to my cottage, The Old Pig Sty was EDF
    Electricitay Distribution Francois.

Now as the cottage is / was at the time all electric (I now have a wood burner) my first quarters bill was over £300.

Before I removed all but 2 of the storage heaters I hit bills of over £500. At present my estimated spend for 2011 - 2012 is £2,300

Now trying to educate Mrs Handy is one thing, the family turning up wanting her to do 6 months laundry is another. But as we cannot improve the insulation or reduce our lighting and heating we are stuck with it.

At one time I had a payment plan going but as I was always late by a few days they cancelled it. Recently they put me on a monthly payment plan, whether I wanted it or not. I got a letter saying if I didn't agree they would fit a pre payment meter.

I don't mind as in the past I was going to switch but because of my arrears this got blocked. Last month I got a red letter (I had already paid) saying if payment was not immediate they would report me to the CRA's which could have an adverse effect on my credit rating. Now as I have neither a Bank account or Credit card this would be no Hardship. Before anyone says anything I have not (but I will) got round to asking for a CCA from them and then getting into their ribs about the legality.

Friday Last I got another estimated bill (BTW I have registered on line for my meter readings but the last 3 have been ignored).
    For £135.00 for the last month.

Today I got a rather nice package from them containing a limited edition (1 of 255,000) 2012 Olympic badges
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EDF Badge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	1413158
    and a rather nice credit card thingy with a number that may win me a free ticket to see one of the events.

Now call me a grumpy old man but I really could not give a Rats Arse about 2012. If the British Tax payer has paid for it then all tickets should be free to British citizens.

What I would like is a reduction in my electricity bill rather than pay for some publicity stunt and corporate tax dodge run by my electricity supplier.

I would prefer it even more if our utility companies were wholly owned by British companies and the profits stayed in this country
    but that's a whole different argument.

I used to work in the power generation industry and have been party to the waste and the fiddles.

So to sum up EDF you can stick your badge pin side up where the Sun Don't Shine. Instead of spending millions trying to convince us how nice and generous you are, sell me my electric at a price I can afford this winter, without having to resort to oil lamps and candles.

Regards, Handy
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Re: Do I Want an Olympic Badge

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

So to sum up EDF you can stick your badge pin side up where the Sun Don't Shine. Instead of spending millions trying to convince us how nice and generous you are, sell me my electric at a price I can afford this winter, without having to resort to oil lamps and candles.

Regards, Handy
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Regards, Handy
      Hear, hear Handy. Couldn't agree more.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My sentiments exactly Handy. Well said.

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Its EDF way of saying thank you for being such a loyal customer, for sponsoring snorting being the major sponsor for the 2012 olympig olympic games. Where you think they been getting the money from for being the major partnership sponsor
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Couldn't agree more Handy.

Latest Olympic Event Blog: LINKY

Comment

Working...
            X