GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script best sites for Florida deals - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best sites for Florida deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best sites for Florida deals

Well I never thought i would be even thinking about a holiday in Florida, but as business is doing well and with hubby's job we have decided to go to Florida next Feb.

I have been searching online but just wondered if anyone has experienced really good deals and if so can you post the link for me .

please and thank you

and the cat is sat bang in front of the pc monitor i am typing this right at the top of the monitor .
    Talk about cats sit anywhere :

Re: best sites for Florida deals

love Florida,
    I Drive is the best place to be near everything. We have been with Broadway Travel, Thompsons, Cosmos remember the main companies like virgin charge a lot more, we always go on line checking all deals just type in florida holidays and many sites will show it takes a while checking them but the savings can be hundreds of pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
      love Florida,
      I Drive is the best place to be near everything. We have been with Broadway Travel, Thompsons, Cosmos remember the main companies like virgin charge a lot more, we always go on line checking all deals just type in florida holidays and many sites will show it takes a while checking them but the savings can be hundreds of pounds.
      thank you , the last time we went was in Jan 2009 with our friend who is a GP , he paid for the lot even the 'all you can eat restaurants' , but this time we need the best deals as we are paying

I have checked some sites ,but they can't find flights for Feb 2014 and it gets rather frustrating , but i will keep checking and your correct about virgin being more expensive so we will avoid that one unless there are some really fantastic discounts :

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        thank you , the last time we went was in Jan 2009 with our friend who is a GP , he paid for the lot even the 'all you can eat restaurants' , but this time we need the best deals as we are paying

I have checked some sites ,but they can't find flights for Feb 2014 and it gets rather frustrating , but i will keep checking and your correct about virgin being more expensive so we will avoid that one unless there are some really fantastic discounts :
        When I went Nov last year, we flew with Delta and I think we got the flights from Flightcentre.co.uk. They where cheaper than any other flights we could find, but Thompson and Thomas Cook often have cheap flight deals going into Stamford.

Comment

Flightcentre are good on prices
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
            When I went Nov last year, we flew with Delta and I think we got the flights from Flightcentre.co.uk. They where cheaper than any other flights we could find, but Thompson and Thomas Cook often have cheap flight deals going into Stamford.
            Monarch fly into sandford as well so easy to get through customs and imigration, also book your car insurance here, get either silver or gold cover it covers all eventualities as well, also with alamo you dont need a credit card they will take a debit card also remember Feb is half term and will be considerably more.
            Last edited by helmsman; 17 February 2013, 13:51.

Comment

If your planning on driving, check link below as there seems to be some confusion as to where British drivers need an IDP

Florida car hire chaos over new driving licence law for sunshine state drivers | Mail Online
              I'm an official AAD Researcher and also a volunteer, but I don't manage the day to day running of the forum. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
                If your planning on driving, check link below as there seems to be some confusion as to where British drivers need an IDP

Florida car hire chaos over new driving licence law for sunshine state drivers | Mail Online
                Good old yanks, it's all about having licenses that they can read if you are stopped, but they seems to have forgotten that the UK , Ireland etc have the license in English ( or should I say American)

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post

Thanks for £5.50 its worth it just to be on the safe side .

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                    Monarch fly into sandford as well so easy to get through customs and imigration, also book your car insurance here, get either silver or gold cover it covers all eventualities as well, also with alamo you dont need a credit card they will take a debit card also remember Feb is half term and will be considerably more.
                    i realised this but half term is at the beginning of Feb isn't it ?
                    Its been a few years since my boys left school so i never know when the school holidays are :

Comment

Always have the relevant International Driving Licence for where ever you go, as some countries will have traffic control officers (some Corrupt), and if you do not have their standard paperwork the plate of the vehicle is taken off there and then and you cannot move the vehicle until you pay fines, most there and then, so be aware for the sake of £10.00ish incl postage, get from The AA or RAC. I always do just in case I need to drive.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        Always have the relevant International Driving Licence for where ever you go, as some countries will have traffic control officers (some Corrupt), and if you do not have their standard paperwork the plate of the vehicle is taken off there and then and you cannot move the vehicle until you pay fines, most there and then, so be aware for the sake of £10.00ish incl postage, get from The AA or RAC. I always do just in case I need to drive.
                        Its only Malta and Florida we usually travel to , Malta isn't a problem as i know quite a few of the police there, plus we drive way better than the yanks and the malteses

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                          i realised this but half term is at the beginning of Feb isn't it ?
                          Its been a few years since my boys left school so i never know when the school holidays are :

I've just had my grandchildren for half term....they finished on the 15th Feb and went back to school yesterday.....so check the dates and give it a wide berth. Just to be safe I would avoid a week either side of it.

Comment

1.Ok no need to worry about the driver permit thing when hiring a car, it has been shelved for the foreseeable future by the State of Florida law makers following complaints from the big car hire companies.

2.Florida is so popular now that it is difficult to get reasonable deals on flights, I go over 4 times a year for a work thing, and the company that gets my tickets shops around for the cheapest deal and struggles to find anything under £550 /£650 these days, a couple for years back you could find flights around £400. Air tax and other surcharges have stopped the source of most cheap UK tickets.

I have friends who book with Air France, UK to Paris and then on to Orlando, they seem to get a better price on tickets than with direct UK-USA flights, but it does make for a long day doing that route, not always best when you have kids to keep amused for many hours of travelling.

3.A package deal maybe the best option for a family with everything built in such as hotel/car/ flights.
                            But if you want to do a fly drive I can provide you with access to a villa within 20 minutes of the theme parks for a lot less than the going rate.

I also have access to "Florida Resident" discounts for Theme Park tickets.

Just drop me a PM if I can do anything to help.

Edit. * Yes avoid school holidays, all the travel operators adopt a rip off price policy during these times.Plus Florida is full with cheeky little brits running amock during school hols ...
                            Last edited by alland; 26 February 2013, 15:07.

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                              1.Ok no need to worry about the driver permit thing when hiring a car, it has been shelved for the foreseeable future by the State of Florida law makers following complaints from the big car hire companies.

2.Florida is so popular now that it is difficult to get reasonable deals on flights, I go over 4 times a year for a work thing, and the company that gets my tickets shops around for the cheapest deal and struggles to find anything under £550 /£650 these days, a couple for years back you could find flights around £400. Air tax and other surcharges have stopped the source of most cheap UK tickets.

I have friends who book with Air France, UK to Paris and then on to Orlando, they seem to get a better price on tickets than with direct UK-USA flights, but it does make for a long day doing that route, not always best when you have kids to keep amused for many hours of travelling.

3.A package deal maybe the best option for a family with everything built in such as hotel/car/ flights.
                              But if you want to do a fly drive I can provide you with access to a villa within 20 minutes of the theme parks for a lot less than the going rate.

I also have access to "Florida Resident" discounts for Theme Park tickets.

Just drop me a PM if I can do anything to help.

Edit. * Yes avoid school holidays, all the travel operators adopt a rip off price policy during these times.Plus Florida is full with cheeky little brits running amock during school hols ...

thanks , yes would like the link for the villa please and the park tickets

Comment

Working...
                              X