GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Healthy eating for those in need...... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthy eating for those in need......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy eating for those in need......

Ok, I'll kick this off.

First meal of the day is most important...

So get a blender, and throw in..

A cup of frozen mixed berries from Aldi
    A banana or two
    Some blueberries (half a carton)
    A Yoghurt..any
    2 Chopped kiwi fruits
    A quarter of melon, chopped
    A cup of Cranberry juice
    sprinkle some seeds if you like..

whizz away, it makes two cups

drink and be full of energy for the whole morning..

Re: Healthy eating for those in need......

Well done on starting a Healthy food thread, just what we need, i know I do for sure, and sure others here will be happy too.

Yum yum, sounds very apetising, now to take down a copy, the only thing I do not like are banana's but everything else - lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
      Ok, I'll kick this off.

First meal of the day is most important...

So get a blender, and throw in..

A cup of frozen mixed berries from Aldi
      A banana or two
      Some blueberries (half a carton)
      A Yoghurt..any
      2 Chopped kiwi fruits
      A quarter of melon, chopped
      A cup of Cranberry juice
      sprinkle some seeds if you like..

whizz away, it makes two cups

drink and be full of energy for the whole morning..
      Blimey.... that's our 5 a day all in one go....

Porridge is a also a good way to start the day and is good for lowering cholesterol without paying over-the-top prices for those fancy margarines that claim to do similar....
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I usually have porridge for breakfast...quick, cheap and healthy
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great thread!

i might need some help as may need to lower my cholestrol

any tips?

Comment

haha no cake!

no but seriously carbs are your worst enemy and bread isn't the best thing for you.

Now you will like this one but red wine and i don't mean a bottle will help cut down your cholesterol.

cut down on your butter and cheeses.

(sorry i know im ripping your right arm off!) Starches like rice as well cut down... and no red meat or very little xxxx

Comment

I heard about the red wine thing before but it's since been proved that red wine increases high-density lipoprotein (HDL, the "good" cholesterol) but it does not lower total cholesterol so not entirely accurate. Plus of course you then have to contend with heart and liver possibilities.

I remember reading summat about this so no expert
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                and no red meat or very little xxxx
                Rules out Chillis and Spag Bols then (which I make up) - not the same with Turkey mince - and DONT get me started on that Quorn crap.

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                  Great thread!

i might need some help as may need to lower my cholestrol

any tips?
                  Say YES to...

Oatmeal, Bran and High Fibre food
                  Oily Fish..baked or grilled
                  Walnuts and Almonds
                  Olive Oil
                  Orange Juice
                  Steamed Veg
                  Blueberries
                  Tomatoes
                  Avocado
                  Dark Chocolate (1 oz) 70% cocoa content

Say NO to....

Meat
                  Poultry skin
                  Processed foods
                  Margarine
                  Whole Milk
                  Eggs
                  Cream
                  Lard
                  Veg Oil

Comment

^^^ your say no list is my ONLY edible list
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      ^^^ your say no list is my ONLY edible list

I suppose if you ate from both lists, they would cancel each other out.....

Of course diet is only part of the story...as we all know...exercise !!

If you have an exercise bike....(handy this weather)..then try this...

3 or 4 times a week...9 minutes only...

2 minutes warm up (gentle)
                      20 seconds fast as you can..ie full pelt !!

repeat 2 more times and finish with 2 minute warm down

That's it...Thats as good as 5 miles or 25 lengths in the pool

(always consult your doctor before starting any exercise...you know that)

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                        Rules out Chillis and Spag Bols then (which I make up) - not the same with Turkey mince - and DONT get me started on that Quorn crap.
                        Nothing wrong with Quorn. I use it a lot.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I love turkey mince we don't buy beef mince.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                            Nothing wrong with Quorn. I use it a lot.
                            It soaks up water like a sponge and tastes like corregated cardboard. It should be banned as a substance known to be toxic to humans.

Comment

Lovely Tea today, and healthy too!

All steamed.

Small baby pots with skins left on.
                              Green Beans, Carrots, Broccholi & Cauli
                              Fresh (Fish) bream with added herbs.

Absolutely lovely, and washed down with a nice cold glass of cranberry juice.
                              Last edited by di30; 2 January 2013, 21:13. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Working...
                              X