GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Council PCN - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Council PCN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council PCN

Got a penalty for parking in a loading bay. It was after 6, when (as far as I was aware) anything went. Although I didn't check for any signs. The bay did say loading.

Basically the ticket says go to court and get a CCJ if you don't pay blah blah blah.

If it went to CCJ, baliffs can't get the car (because it's on finance). Would they be able to take it in 4 years time, once the finance has expired?

If the answer is no - I won't bother to appeal.
    If it's yes I might need to appeal/pay

Thanks!

Re: Council PCN

How much is the ticket? the baliffs wont go for the car they go for items of value... up to the amount

In fairness sounds like you were int he wrong Council tickets always pay mate if your in the wrong.

Comment

Look at pepipoo

--> http://www.pepipoo.com

Ive just asked Jason from Bailiff Forum to pop in. He's good at bailiff stuff
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

To answer your query a CCJ means they can't touch the car. Instead you'd have a judgment against you

If they got bailiffs then the car would be safe. Bailiffs won't loiter for 4 years!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

70 quid. £35 if I pay in 2 weeks I think they said.

So they apply for things up to £70!? Presumably they'll whack on charges etc and turn it into a grand or two... getting it up to 5k or more will be tricky! I thought they'd try and pinch what they could (only the car, since it's outside) and flog it and give me the change?

I've got no issue paying if I'm doing something like parking on a pavement reading a newspaper (like the taxi down the road, wonder if he got a ticket!) or parking on double yellows (always happens on that road!) - but wasn't inconveniencing anyone parking there for a few minutes at 7 at night. When I'm out I always see people doing it to use the cash machine - hence thinking it was anything goes at night.

May well be wrong, tbh probably am if they've given me the ticket. Understand councils are short of money etc (I'm actually personally affected by funding cuts!) but things like this are just money grabbing for the sake of it.

Comment

Are you sure this is a council ticket, because it is impossible to get a CCJ with a council ticket, as no court is involved.

It is only after a PCN, then a Notice to Owner, then a Charge Certificate, then an Order for recovery have been served that bailiffs are involved.

Comment

Yep it is It was on main highstreet - it's council address & website etc for payment/appeals.

Comment

It's always worth making informal representation (within 14 days), as most councils even if they reject your appeal will then extend the discount period by another 14 days from the date of their rejection. ie it lengthens the time you have to pay and still at the discount. Which council?

Comment

Thanks could do that to get a bit more time, I will actually have the money then.

It's Bedford Council.

So to clarify either way they can't touch the car? But a judgement against me means I'd (eventually) have to pay in some other way - wages etc if (when) they don't get in my house?

Comment

Michael is right, this is a council PCN and you must appeal it within 28 days or thereafter, you can make a late appeal. Making an appeal is called a "statutory declaration".

Speak to a parking ticket expert to gather up any grounds you might be able to appeal the ticket. The pepipoo motoring forums have experts who can help.

The forms you need to make your appeal is called a TE7 and if you are making a late appeal, you also need to complete a TE9. It costs nothing to appeal so you might as well do it anyway. It stops all enforcement.

if the PCN is not appealed and remains unpaid, the council applies to the traffic Enforcement Centre for a Warrant of Execution (off street parking offences, a Charge Certificate) and the council instruct a bailiff company.

This is when the bailiff WILL target your car, especially the one involved in the traffic contravention. It makes the most profit for the company. Practices include indiscrimate clamping your car, towing, making absent levies and over-charging you with their fees. The only way to stop a parking ticket bailiff is appeal the ticket, or pay it.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonDealingWithBailiffs View Post
                      Michael is right, this is a council PCN and you must appeal it within 28 days
                      OP must make an informal appeal within 14 days to preserve the discount

Originally posted by jasonDealingWithBailiffs View Post
                      The forms you need to make your appeal is called a TE7 and if you are making a late appeal, you also need to complete a TE9. It costs nothing to appeal so you might as well do it anyway. It stops all enforcement.
                      You don't need these forms. They are only used for a witness statement where you didn't recieve a Notice to Owner, Charge Certificate etc.
                      Last edited by michael; 17 December 2013, 21:04.

Comment

It is not clear on Bedford's website whether they extend the discount period after they have rejected your informal appeal.
                        They could be one of the few councils that don't.

Call their parking services and ask:
                        Telephone 01234 227477

Comment

Thanks

I've appealed it informally, they confirmed if it's rejected the reduced rate is offered for 14 days following rejection of the appeal.

Comment

Working...
                          X