GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
    Need any special encouragement
    Just a bit of willpower - at least, in my case
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I shouldn't say this here Phee, but life is to be enjoyed to the full for as long as you can. What is a few pounds between friends.

Comment

That's a very good point, Vint. Which I will bear in mind over the next few weeks in the lead-up to, and including, Christmas. Just don't want to turn into a roly-poly!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Had my weigh-in today, a day earlier than normal because I am away for a few days starting tomorrow.

Could hardly believe it - have actually lost another pound! Which means that I have not only bucked the trend of one week off one week on - with the dreaded pound - but I am now actually a pound below my target weight! And all this in a week when I was convinced that I had been eating and drinking far too much. Not being complacent, though, I am sure that my excess will catch up with me. I now feel as if I have dispensation to eat and drink over Christmas ....

Oh, I did have my hair cut just before going into Boots. Perhaps that took care of the extra weight?

Comment

I lost 8 lbs...but have put 7lbs back on again...and I've had my hair cut, had a tooth removed, cut my nails and had a shave !!

damn it..

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              Had my weigh-in today, a day earlier than normal because I am away for a few days starting tomorrow.

Could hardly believe it - have actually lost another pound!

Well done Phee

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
              I lost 8 lbs...but have put 7lbs back on again...and I've had my hair cut, had a tooth removed, cut my nails and had a shave !!

damn it..

Awww bless, you can do it again CA
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Could hardly believe it - have actually lost another pound!
                Well done Phee

Oh, I did have my hair cut just before going into Boots. Perhaps that took care of the extra weight?

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post

damn it..
                Never mind. Enjoy Christmas and then start again.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Did my weigh in, have lost a stone. What a difference Acute diarrhea and lots of stress can make, did not even need to diet.

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
                    Did my weigh in, have lost a stone. What a difference Acute diarrhea and lots of stress can make, did not even need to diet.
                    Oh dear, what a way to do it cecilia Hope your feeling a bit better now?
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks If,

I am not feeling better. It is getting worse. Having lots of tests done, and many visits to the Doctor. Hopefully they will work out what is wrong.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that cecelia...I hope they can find out what's wrong
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

My poor Mum was like that for weeks,back and forth to the docs, she started getting really stressed out because she was frightened to go any where, her doc went on holiday and she saw a locum, who said straight away *you do know your Iron tablets are causing it* stopped the iron tablets and problem solved! her doc is going to get a right ear bashing when she gets back, and not off me. Mum may be 92 but she can still chase you round the garden!

Comment

It is frustrating, because as you say, I have to go places where I know I can find a Loo and quick I take Iron tablets, have done so for years, and have never ahd a problem. I am back at the doctor this week, so let's see.

Comment

Just got back after being away for a week. Haven't had a chance to weigh myself - that is a pleasure in store for me tomorrow. I have been eating (and drinking!) quite a bit, but also walking a lot, especially in London. So am wondering whether they will cancel each other out? Tomorrow will tell!

And sorry that you have been poorly, Cecilia. As others said, not really the way to lose weight

Comment

I'm bored so trawling the boards and found this thread... have any of you tried the zero carb diet?

it took me weeks to convince my 16 stone hubby to try it He was convinced that without carbs he would surely die "What NO beer and NO cola? wtf? that's not a diet it's punishment!"

Anyway eventually he tried it and we used the Wii fit board to weigh him... he lost a stone in two weeks and was able to them slowly introduce his ever so important carbs *Fosters* and keep the weight off...

however it was his birthday and we had a few parties and now it's chrimbo so he has slipped and put on half a stone.. grrr

Comment

Working...
                                X