GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Breast Cancer Scanner -- do not buy! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breast Cancer Scanner -- do not buy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breast Cancer Scanner -- do not buy!

ASA slams breast cancer device claims - AOL Money UK

This thing is a load of crapola and if anyone is concerned about breast cancer please see your GP it annoys me seeing these sold in boots and the likes.

So save yourself the 86.00 and go to a doctor.

Re: Breast Cancer Scanner -- do not buy!

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
    ASA slams breast cancer device claims - AOL Money UK

This thing is a load of crapola and if anyone is concerned about breast cancer please see your GP it annoys me seeing these sold in boots and the likes.

I was considered 'high risk' because my Mum died (eventually) from breast cancer and I've been told it's genetic. I had loads of screening at the Royal Marsden Hospital (my London local) in my 40's until they crossed me off the list as the years went by. The tests were all about 'heat seeking' stuff which I never really undertood.

I'm old now (62 yrs) and really worry that this will come back to haunt me. Is this test (based on heat) not reliable ? My GP is rubbish but I've reached a point where it would be foolish of me to ignore tests.

Comment

No.. its rubbish you can get genetic testing for the BRAC1 and BRAC2 gene... that is the cancer gene... Saying that being 62 and not contracting the disease is a good indicator you may not be a carrier.. You mom may have gotten from environmental factors.

The heat test is totally BS. I would be going and getting your yearly or 6mthly mammogram and also checking yourself you are your best doctor.

Its painless when it first starts so really early detection is KEY!

Comment

The heat test is totally BS. I would be going and getting your yearly or 6mthly mammogram and also checking yourself you are your best doctor.
        When I went to the Royal Marsden for tests I was put in a weird refriderator thing which they claimed was a foolproof diagnostic. I ducked out of the subsequent mammograms because I was told they not only gave "false positives" but the actual process could aggrevate potential cancer cells.

Maybe I better take my head out of the sand and take this seriously. Thanks for your tip off. I know I'm in denial in case I suffer my Mum's fate

Comment

Yup well feeling for lumps and ultra sounds are good.. but Mamagrams can give false positives etc they are right but still one of the most positive ways still to used to find out..

The genetic testing is seriously easy scrapping of your mouth get your daughter tested it can lay dormant in one person and active in the other.

I was 23... and again 2.5 years ago. its changed my life. My 9 month son caught it last time. he was breast fed and kept grabbing a weird lump... and 6 weeks after I was under treatment aggressive treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
            I ducked out of the subsequent mammograms because I was told they not only gave "false positives" but the actual process could aggrevate potential cancer cells.
            Ive also read a lot of reports that it can actually aggrevate if not produce cancer cells if scanned too many times. I know its easy for me to say, but from what ive read your better off not having it.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Not all doctors get it right, my MiL felt a lump and went to her GP who brushed her off... had she not demanded a second opinion she may not be here today....

Similarly this lass had a hard time... Aspiring design artist dies of breast cancer aged 21 after doctors said she was 'too young' to get the disease | Mail Online

Or this even... Girl dies of brain tumour after doctor tells her 'headaches are caused by stress' | Mail Online

Just saying, a GP is not always right...
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                Ive also read a lot of reports that it can actually aggrevate if not produce cancer cells if scanned too many times. I know its easy for me to say, but from what ive read your better off not having it.
                trust me your better off having it breast cancer is the most cureable cancer if caught early

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Not all doctors get it right, my MiL felt a lump and went to her GP who brushed her off... had she not demanded a second opinion she may not be here today....

Similarly this lass had a hard time... Aspiring design artist dies of breast cancer aged 21 after doctors said she was 'too young' to get the disease | Mail Online

Or this even... Girl dies of brain tumour after doctor tells her 'headaches are caused by stress' | Mail Online

Just saying, a GP is not always right...

True your gut knows better... and seeking as many opinions as you need is so worth it.

I fought the NHS when I was 23... they didn't believe me... I paid for genetic testing and I paid for my own treatment. I was right.

Comment

True your gut knows better... and seeking as many opinions as you need is so worth it.

I fought the NHS when I was 23... they didn't believe me... I paid for genetic testing and I paid for my own treatment. I was right.
                    and good job you did isn't it.....

Yes people make mistakes, but with Cancer they ought to start taking it more serious and stop fobbing us off! If in doubt refer to hospital and let them do tests, simples.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post

I don't agree with you SXGuy. There are risks with everything but I think the benefits of having a mammogram every few years outweighs the "possible" risks. Of course, women should check themselves regularly...as should men because men can have breast cancer too.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Is this another bogus heat-seeking breast cancer detection gadget There does seem to be a sudden rush of alternative diagnosis methods

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...val-rates.html

Comment

I know makes me roll my eyes!

Comment

I think a lot of this is down to unexplained statistics. I read yesterday that more people in Wales die from Deep Vein Thrombosis than breast cancer I'm currently battling DVT but I live in London where more people die of breast cancer Maybe I'm lucky I don't live in Wales eh.

Comment

You know the saying PlanB...lies, damned lies and statistics...
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                              X