GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script the appropriate adult service - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the appropriate adult service

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the appropriate adult service

Anyone heard of 'the appropriate adult service' web: Link
    Is it a Con company? or a legit Gov' funded
    Feedback or anyone know or heard about them/it - much appreciated

'Any Jibber Jabber will be removed'
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: the appropriate adult service

Hi 5corpio,

Hmmmmmmmmmmm? I have just looked up the link and I am always suspicious of anything like this that is a limited company which in general by definition unless it is limited by guarantee like a lot of clubs and associations exists to make a profit.

I have a friend who for many years was the chair of child care tribunals and often acted in loco parentis for vulnerable children in some pretty harrowing circumstances. That was all funded by Social Services and the appropriate adults were all appointed by social services or the courts. We have only had to look at this from the perspective of OH's brother who is a vulnerable adult now. His protection is now dealt with by Social Services and there is a family guardian appointed but had it got legal as it almost did then the Public Guardian via the Court would have appointed a properly qualified person to look after his affairs.

I don't see where this outfit fit into the scheme of things other then to make money. I will go off and take a look at Companies House to check the registration.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Hi 5corpio,

Just registered as a private limited company. 7483 other business activities.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

I notice that this?

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/police/powers/custody/

Links here: The National Appropriate Adult Network (NAAN)

Which is somewhat similar but seems more official?

Is a charity at least?
        Last edited by Riz; 25 August 2011, 16:07.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

its just that it was advertised on the Job.Gov website - i was more suspcious that it said 'Experience not required as full training will be provided. Duties will involve assisting people through the custody process whilst in police custody or requiring an appropriate adult under PACE of 1984. Please download the application form from our website and complete BY HAND. To avoid delays you may wish to fax to 01327 831360 PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT SEND OUT APPLICATION FORMS'

i thought that something like that you would need a qualification at least or proabley a SIA? reading some of the notes on there site that you would need background on solicitors, children, etc as a CRB check doesn't warrant much on background checks. As i have child CRB check and advance CRB for the MOD - Clean

thanks, for looking checking on info

Comment

Working...
          X