GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capquest trying to pull a fast one - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capquest trying to pull a fast one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest trying to pull a fast one

Hi there AAD
    hope you can advise me. A few months ago out of the blue
    I received a letter from Capquest re an old nat west credit card
    that I know for sure defaulted in 2009. However nat west was not mentioned in the letter
    the client was named as arrow global. I duly sent off a statue barred letter to capquest.
    Heard nothing until today I received another letter from capquest stating they had checked
    with their client - -arrow global - who informed them that the account defaulted in 2013 so therefore
    is stature barred. Do I ignore this or send them another statue barred letter?

just noticed have put this in wrong place in forum but don't know
    how to move it. Sorry
    Last edited by Sharmaine62; 31 October 2016, 20:40. Reason: Have put in wrong thread

Re: Capquest trying to pull a fast one

How do you know for sure that it defaulted in 2009?

SB runs from the last cause of action, when did you last pay this??

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      How do you know for sure that it defaulted in 2009?

SB runs from the last cause of action, when did you last pay this??

Hello
      last paid 2008 and the debt dropped off my credit reports after 6 years
      what I think they are trying is to say that the debt defaulted in 2013 with arrow
      global but I never had any dealings with them

Comment

if Arrow Global bought the debt in 2013, they would have been entitled to swop their name on to the original default on the original date. They can't just default when it suits them and certainly not 5 years after you stopped paying. Did you ever ask for a CCA?

Think Capquest (who are not known for their brilliance) are coming the halfwit here.

I would send another letter, a one liner

Dear Dopes

I would refer you to the letter of blah blah.

Yours

or you could just ignore them and hope they piss off eventually, which they probably will once they realise that you are not daft. Just as long as you are absolutely sure there have been no payments in that time.

Comment

if Arrow Global bought the debt in 2013, they would have been entitled to swop their name on to the original default on the original date. They can't just default when it suits them and certainly not 5 years after you stopped paying. Did you ever ask for a CCA?

Think Capquest (who are not known for their brilliance) are coming the halfwit here.

I would send another letter, a one liner

Dear Dopes

I would refer you to the letter of blah blah.

Yours

or you could just ignore them and hope they piss off eventually, which they probably will once they realise that you are not daft. Just as long as you are absolutely sure there have been no payments in that time.
          hello mrs D. Thanks so much for replying so quickly and
          putting my mind at rest. There's definitely been no payment towards the debt for well over
          6 years. I shall write and refer them to my previous letter and highlight the part
          where it invites them to provide written evidence etc etc
          which they won't be able to do Just one more question - would Capquest be able to put the arrow global 'default '
          on my Credit file with this false default date. I would have thought not as surely would
          be illegal. But have read stuff about them and wouldn't put past them to try. If they did do that what action should I take

Comment

I really think you should hang fire at the moment before making anymore contact, you could do the one liner but I'm loth to help them out. Please stay out of your credit reports, it only flags you up and you start to get stupid letters from stupid people like Capquest who obviously have no idea how things work.

The have been known to challenge the default date, do you have any evidence of the original date? do you have a default notice for instance?

we definitely could challenge this on through the CRA with a complaint but I feel until you have some solid dates for default and last payment, the best thing to do would be just to ignore. Do you need a clean record for anything immediately?

Comment

I really think you should hang fire at the moment before making anymore contact, you could do the one liner but I'm loth to help them out. Please stay out of your credit reports, it only flags you up and you start to get stupid letters from stupid people like Capquest who obviously have no idea how things work.

The have been known to challenge the default date, do you have any evidence of the original date? do you have a default notice for instance?

we definitely could challenge this on through the CRA with a complaint but I feel until you have some solid dates for default and last payment, the best thing to do would be just to ignore. Do you need a clean record for anything immediately?
              Hi there
              i no longer have the original default letter from NatWest as it was back in 2008. There has been no acknowledgement of this debt since then or payment made. Last time I checked my credit file in 2015 this debt had dropped off so if arrow global are claiming the default occurred in 2013 why did they not enter at the time. My credit file has been clean for 3 years so am not minded to let AG get away with this.

Comment

In that case if you are absolutely sure it's SB, then you need to complain to the CRA who will refer you to Capquest possibly. They do this in the hope that you won't notice and it doesn't really matter unless you need a clean file. I would head up a letter to Capquest COMPLAINT and do the one liner I suggested earlier. Then go through the CRAs complaints procedure, they are not fast at sorting this out they are, however, publishing false information about you and a little compo would be in order if you can prove you've been disadvantaged because of this.

We had a big pile of debt which is now all SB, I still haven't looked at any of the CRAs, a) because I don't need any credit, and b) I don't give a toss and c) I don't want loads of stupid letters chasing old extinguished debts which are coming up for nearly two years past SB. But that is just us.

Comment

Did you send a CCA request? They have been known to apply your £1 to your account.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

In that case if you are absolutely sure it's SB, then you need to complain to the CRA who will refer you to Capquest possibly. They do this in the hope that you won't notice and it doesn't really matter unless you need a clean file. I would head up a letter to Capquest COMPLAINT and do the one liner I suggested earlier. Then go through the CRAs complaints procedure, they are not fast at sorting this out they are, however, publishing false information about you and a little compo would be in order if you can prove you've been disadvantaged because of this.

We had a big pile of debt which is now all SB, I still haven't looked at any of the CRAs, a) because I don't need any credit, and b) I don't give a toss and c) I don't want loads of stupid letters chasing old extinguished debts which are coming up for nearly two years past SB. But that is just us.

Thank you - will check my credit report first to check that they
                    haven't added their 'default ' and if they have been stupid enough to do so
                    will then write complaint letter to them and to CR agency.

Comment

No didnt send CCA as I know the debt is statute barred

Comment

I especially liked this quote from above, very ballsy :-) and I feel the same way about my SB debts.

"We had a big pile of debt which is now all SB, I still haven't looked at any of the CRAs, a) because I don't need any credit, and b) I don't give a toss and c) I don't want loads of stupid letters chasing old extinguished debts which are coming up for nearly two years past SB. But that is just us."

Comment

Ballsy is a good way of describing MrsD
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

er thank you.....................I think! been there done it, there are worst things than money worries trust me.

Comment

I meant it as a compliment!
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                              X