ESA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESA

Does anyone know about ESA please? SSP has just ran out and i've got the forms through for ESA. Says contribution based depends on NI paid but i only normally work part time, and income based is only payable if partner works under 24 hours. He's full time. I could be off up to another 6 months. Is there anything else we can claim or is this where the doggiedoo really hits the fan?

Re: ESA

I'm guessing from what you've said you may not be eligible, but worth a look to see if there is anything you can claim through the benefits adviser?

Benefits adviser service : Directgov - Do it online

Comment

Employment and Support Allowance - how to claim : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

When i initially applied for ESA i applied by phone and they worked out which type, if any, i would be applicable for, so it's worth applying by phone.

Depending what's wrong you could be eligible for DLA, this is about care and mobility needs rather than illness as such though.

Apply for Disability Living Allowance : Directgov - Do it online

i've got my fingers crossed for you xx

Comment

Originally posted by confused76 View Post
        Employment and Support Allowance - how to claim : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

When i initially applied for ESA i applied by phone and they worked out which type, if any, i would be applicable for, so it's worth applying by phone.

Depending what's wrong you could be eligible for DLA, this is about care and mobility needs rather than illness as such though.

Apply for Disability Living Allowance : Directgov - Do it online

i've got my fingers crossed for you xx
        Thanks for the replies. When i rang up they said i couldn't do it over the phone so sent me the forms which i received today. It's regarding another operation i had last week not illness so not sure about the DLA.Need help at the minute but hopefully not for too long. Just got a fairly long recovery and physio period ahead. I'll fill in the forms and take it from there. Just trying to remember what i had for breakfast. Jeez they want to know a lot. Thanks again.

Samsmum

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
          Thanks for the replies. When i rang up they said i couldn't do it over the phone so sent me the forms which i received today. It's regarding another operation i had last week not illness so not sure about the DLA.Need help at the minute but hopefully not for too long. Just got a fairly long recovery and physio period ahead. I'll fill in the forms and take it from there. Just trying to remember what i had for breakfast. Jeez they want to know a lot. Thanks again.

Samsmum
          good luck with the forms. it's worth applying for DLA but focus on the help you need rather than how rotten you feel if you know what i mean. hope you feel better soon xx

Comment

Hi

If you decide to give DLA a go, here below is some info on tips of this benefit.

http://www.dls.org.uk/advice/factshe...0Factsheet.pdf

It may be worth your while, remember this is not a means tested benefit and it does not intervene with ESA etc.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for that Di. A lot of it is relevant to me at the minute but says it must apply for the next 6 months. Hopefully i wont need that long but i guess it's worth finding out anyway just in case. Just been told about a drop in benefits place near us next week so could be worth a visit. Many thanks again

Comment

Don't forget Council Tax Benefit!

Comment

Received two letters . First dated 8th March says to send a sick note in by 8th March!! 2nd says i'm not entitled because i've not paid enough NI contributions and hubby works more than 24 hours. I'll ring on Monday cos i'm a bit confused now

Comment

Rang today and not entitled to anything cos hubby works more than 24 hours a week. Oh ********. Definitely wont be paying an debts now

Comment

Just received a medical questionnaire from ATOS. Is it just me that gets totally confused by benefits? They say i'm not entitled yet want details and sick notes

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
                        Just received a medical questionnaire from ATOS. Is it just me that gets totally confused by benefits? They say i'm not entitled yet want details and sick notes
                        I'm sorry you can't get any money!! Have a look here at this site before you fill in your ESA50, it really does help.

----- > http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

IF...x
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks IF. I'll have a read through that. Probably not worth sending anything off but i'm going to anyway

Comment

The DWP has begun telephoning claimants whose employment and support allowance (ESA) is due to end because of the time-limiting of contribution-based ESA for claimants in the work-related activity group (WRAG). Payments will cease for some claimants from 30 April 2012.

Claimants are now only entitled to 365 days of contribution-based ESA if they are in the WRAG. Time spent in the assessment phase which is immediately followed by being placed in the WRAG counts towards the 365 days. The new rules are retrospective, meaning that people who have already spent a year in the WRAG on contribution-based ESA will lose their benefit from 30 April unless they are entitled to income-related ESA.........Read more on Forum: HERE

DWP starts calling ESA time-limit claimants - allaboutFORUMS
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Incapacity tests reject 37% of claimants

More than a third of incapacity benefit claimants being reassessed for the new Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) have been deemed fit to work. Of the first 141,100 claimants reviewed since last April, 37% would no longer be paid the benefit, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) said. Meanwhile 29% will continue being paid the ESA and will not be expected to work. And 34% will receive the new benefit but go on a back-to-work programme.....Read more here on Forum: allaboutFORUMS - Debt with Disability News Articles
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X