GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vanquis - Aresholes or What? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanquis - Aresholes or What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanquis - Aresholes or What?

Hi. I applied for a Vanquis Credit Card card by post. I got one of those pre-approved type mail shots and thought what the heck, emergency access to £150 would be quite nice.

They then wanted to finalise the application by 'PHONE. I got a letter stating they needed some additional info.

I can't be arsed to speak to creditors by 'phone, personally, so I forgot about the application and mentally wrote it off.

But then the CALLS STARTED.

Vanquis started calling my home during the day but then the evening calls started. It was either a machine or a human caller, it varied. I got calls at 8.55PM on Fridays, at 9AM Saturdays and at lunch time on SUNDAYS.

I asked the Vanquis operators I spoke to stop the calls and they said they would. I wouldn't go through security though, so the calls kept coming, at more intrusive hours on weekends. I contacted Vanquis by email using their website and quoting my application number. In the meantime my credit files have been plastered with their searches.

Yesterday I got a call at dinner time Sunday and agreed to go through security. The conversation went something like:

Blod: I don't want your credit card
    Vanquis: The card would be useful to have
    Blod: No thanks
    Vanquis: Ok, can you give us a reason why you don't want it
    Blod: Yes, harrassment.
    Vanquis: I can't put bthat down as the reason
    Blod: Yes, you can. I don't want your card because you call me on Friday evenings at 9PM, on Saturday mornings when I'm still in bed and on Sunday lunchtimes. I have asked you on the phone and by email to desist calling me and yet you persevere. I DON'T WANT YOUR CARD BECAUSE YOU ARE HARRASSING ME. I regret ever applying for it.
    Vanquis: Right, so you don't want the card?
    Blod: Sweet J, no I don't want your card.
    Vanquis: Ok, we'll withdraw your application.
    Blod: Thank you. I want nothing to do with you just go away.

So, today I get an email from these jerks that says:

"Dear Blodwin

"We're sorry to inform you that your application for a credit card has been DECLINED. We will be in touch shortly explaining how we have reached this decision. However we'd like to invite you to apply for a Cashmax Advance loan."

I mean WTF? Seriiously?! ROFLOL!!!!!!!

Can I should I complain about this?

Re: Vanquis - Aresholes or What?

As you say Blod, arseholes....
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X