GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script aargh had bank card cloned! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aargh had bank card cloned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aargh had bank card cloned!

It's not my week!

I logged onto my internet banking to check my bank balance, and cross-check against my spending log.

I noticed two payments that I didn't recognise. A small one for £6.99, and then a fooking huge one for £786.

I called the bank, who put me through to fraud department. In total there were other queued up transactions against my DEBIT card for £2500!

The bank (Co-Operative) were fantastic, they marked all pending transactions as fraud, stopped my card, and are sending me a letter to confirm that they are all fraudulent. Once they get the letter back, I'll be refunded for the two which have processed!

I was damn lucky I caught it when I did.

I was also quite pleased that my debit card was protected, as I thought it was only Credit cards which were covered.

Luckily I have a second account with the Co-OP, so was able to transfer some cash between accounts, so I can still function this month.

Had they wiped my account clean, I'd have been absolutely stuffed this month.

So, for that reason, I've just invested in a pre-paid credit card. I'm going to use that for all online purchases ... ok it will be a faff to reload it all the time, but it sure will save me getting wiped out by fraud again!

Unluckily I can't get a credit card, on which do do the monthly spend, and then pay off in full, as that would be ideal!
    "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Re: aargh had bank card cloned!

02 does a money card: USES VISA LOGO

No annual subscription
    No % cashmachine withdrawal FEE
    No % Online or shop transaction FEE
    Can be used abroad
    Max top up £10,000
    Txt message sent to your phone for every purchase made or credited (TEXT SENT INSTANTLY)
    Money added instantly to the card, (takes a few days to come out of your DD Account though)

Its brilliant, just wish i could remember my Pin Number for it lol - forgotten it lol
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: aargh had bank card cloned!

Yeah I checked O2 money -> Not available to new subscribers.

So, I went with Orange Cash Card. Similar but with contactless payments. Could be quite funky when out and about.
      I'm not an orange customer, but could give the rewards to my sister.
      "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Working...
      X