GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with Natonwide Flexaccount - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Natonwide Flexaccount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Natonwide Flexaccount

Going onto CCCS DMP in August so had to cease using my Nationwide Flexaccount. Before I did so I cancelled all direct debits, standing order etc and left it with an overdraft of £2.6k.

Got my latest statement and it shows no activity except for interest and 2 unpaid dd fees of £30 each dated 16th September. No details as to what they are.

I log on to find my flexaccount missing, but there is a menu item for 'missing accounts' this led me to some sort of online verification which I didn't trust so didn't go through with it.

Rang them up on their bastardley 08457 number and was half-way through the keypad verification when I realised I hadn't put 141 before my number. Redialled using 141 and noticed that the change from one menu to another was noticeably delayed. Now even after ringing a few times they're not answering.

Am I being paranoid and should I send them a letter or even go into the branch. I'm certainly not going to let them get away with adding £60 for non-existant dds.

And these charges have topped me over the existing o/d limit so I expect them to pile on even more fees next month.

Re: Problem with Natonwide Flexaccount

thing is with Direct Debits is that the company concered that you cancelled them with can then re-authorise a new Direct debit mandate.

I've seen this many times and am also a victim of this going ons

You pop in branch or call them and ask them to remove the charges and any O/D charges that this is related to as you cancelled DD's and they have been set up with out your authorisation so therefore the bank & company are at fault not you.

personally i'd go in branch emphasise that you want to speak with the branch manager there and then and that you get the issue sorted out there and then.

But then agen thats only because i like people runnin around after me
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

They can re-authorise?

$$%*&!

Ta for the info.

Comment

Yea they can but if you were not aware then you claim it under the DD Guarantee - speak to your bank and tell them you did not authorise the DD and want to claim under the DD Guarantee - they'll then refund you and claim the funds back from the originator...
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Will do. It's interesting that they've charged me £30 a throw, I though they should have kept it to £12.

Comment

Nationwide / KPR Formal Demand For Payment

Got a letter first class today regarding a £2600 overdraft with Nationwide. Not in dispute with this as it's a valid debt. I have a DMP with the CCCS and Nationwide are the major monkeys not playing ball.

It's bold headed as 'Formal Demand For Payment', gives me details of what I owe and a list of all the nasty things they're likely to do to me, ccj, charging order, warrant of execution, attachment of earnings etc.

Is this the usual threat-o-matic crap or a legitimate process they're going down? Suppose I'm after some reassurance as to what they're up to this creditors and debt stuff being new to me!

I intend to fire off a contact by phone and the removal of their welcome with a personal visit letters but I note they are using a PO Box for their address. Can I still send stuff track and trace to them? Anything else I should do as I sit back and watch them vainly try to get blood out of a stone?

Ta.

Comment

Re: Nationwide / KPR Formal Demand For Payment

Ignore the stuff about the PO box, just seen the answer on my other thread re nationwide cc.

Comment

KPR have been busy calling me on my mobile this morning. My Nokia Advanced Call Manager is now set to send them the busy signal should their number call. ;30

The wonders of modern technology!

Comment

Hiya

Its a normal process, you need them to sell it ideally at which point you could negotiate with the DCA for a reduced settlement...... but in any case, don't worry about it too much - just pay what you can afford in relation to the overall debt as advised by your DMP company.

Regards PO Box, yep you can still send registered post there!
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ta for the reply. I'll get the privacy stuff off to them tomorrow. I'd already told Nationwide not to call but I didn't really expect them to hold to it.

Comment

The problem seems to have gone away. The latest communication from KPR about what I owe doesn't include the charges which were on my last statement.

Very odd but I'm not going to argue!

Comment

Thought I'd update on this!

They haven't removed the DD fees and as it's gone over they're now adding interest and all that. Here's the summary of statement #159, OD limit £2700

10th aug dd council tax £110
                        Returned dd -£110, balance -£2685.04

12th aug dd car insurance £31
                        Returned dd -£31, balance -£2685.04

16th aug interest £24.55, balance -£2709.59

19th aug bank credit £60, balance -£2649.59 (my last transaction on this account)

When we get to statement #160 we have

16th sep balance -£2649.59
                        16th sep interest charge £24.83
                        16th sep unpaid dd x 2 charges £60, balance -£2734.42

As the account is over the od limit they're now adding £30 a month unauthorised interest fee.

The two dds above were cancelled by me online a few days before they were due out so shouldn't have been paid. I can't remember the exact date though.

This account is being credited via CCCS but it's going nowhere with the extra charges they're banging on. Can anyone decipher the above and suggest what should I do next?

Ta.

Comment

I've just checked my and mrs rtb's credit reports and the Nationwide have defaulted both of us, presumably as it was a joint account. :grumble

Comment

If they're not playing the game with the other creditors in your DMP, treat them as though they were and pay what you can. If they do take you to court and you can prove that they're the ones who've been unreasonable, not you, the judge will take a very dim view of this.

Don't worry about the charges too much - I've got some now that have gone into silly figures, but they're still not getting what I haven't got to give!

Comment

Cheers Caspar.

I am paying what I can and I suppose I'll have to have it out with them when I'm able to clear this debt.

As an aside I suppose it's a technique by the creditor to shove as many charges on as it means they can get extra tax relief and a higher sum when they flog it on.

Bastards!

Comment

Working...
                              X