GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HALIFAX BANK ACCOUNT DEBIT CARDS USE & ATM PROBLEMS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HALIFAX BANK ACCOUNT DEBIT CARDS USE & ATM PROBLEMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HALIFAX BANK ACCOUNT DEBIT CARDS USE & ATM PROBLEMS

O.H. having problems from 19th October 2015, ATM deposit, made ATM showed fault has occurred, returned card BUT no receipt for £130.00 deposited, staff commented between themselves not the ATM again, so O.H. had to go to the counter and the teller said I get a receipt for you and printed off a statement and then stated £130.00 shows on it, which only referred to a deposit 3 days prior to this incident only realised after the following incident with western union event.

A transaction thru western union next day was cancelled (not completed) therefore the money being sent not completed. after weeks/month of western union/bank saying western union etc, it has come to light that the statement shows a deposit of the same amount made 3 days before at the ATM, which did credit for a western union partial transfer from the amount deposited, so the teller obviously saw £130.00 showing but it was for the 3 days before transaction, not the said Same amount transaction 3 days later.

After a bad service representative who states the ATM did not go wrong and contact western union,(already done this 6 times. got to see a chap and he took copies of letter regarding charge back for debit cards and statements, including the one dated 19th October 2015 which actually only shows the 16th deposit .

Halifax sent a letter to ring them at fraud etd etc department, well experience shows telephone call cost money, so we are going into Bank in a minute.

Question ;- Debit card goes into ATM - does it surely records date to me deposit amount etc. it kept the money but showed fault s on ATM so they should have the record of events including the staff of the day remember the incident?
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 21 December 2015, 13:35.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: HALIFAX BANK ACCOUNT DEBIT CARDS USE & ATM PROBLEMS

Off to Halifax bank now.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Question ;- Debit card goes into ATM - does it surely records date to me deposit amount etc. it kept the money but showed fault s on ATM so they should have the record of events including the staff of the day remember the incident?

The ATM software SHOULD read and record the card details along with timestamps of each of the transactions performed. The ATM error logs should also be recorded and timestamped. In a properly run establishment, the event at the counter should also be recorded (along with the call to the Help Desk.

Monies deposited at a Credit Deposit Point are physically counted and credited when they are retrieved, so appear at close of business or next working day. Any discrepancy in the amounts recorded/retrieved SHOULD be investigated.

The ATM SHOULD have recorded the details, as long as the ATM fault was not file corruption/overflow, where data was lost. Then the physical count of money deposits should be noted during reconciliation. Perhaps they have the money, but don't know to whom it belongs.
      Last edited by julian; 21 December 2015, 17:15. Reason: added info

Comment

Yes that is what I thought, and asked the man there to check that days machine trading, he stated from the statements etc our fault, and eventually went off, low and behold he was only 5 minutes and stated the unit had a power failure on that October date (Yes)) ? we have found the money which you state but the machine does not record card details but we knew that an amount was over and above what should of been there on reconciliation end of the day.

It is your and we have credited it back to your account.

- 2 months to the day near enough, suggested restitution no response.

Comment

well after xmas a formal complaint will go in, as 2 months to sort out , time/telephone calls/ frustration/ and failure to check the ATM as requested originally, and stating it only took 5 minutes by the same person to check that days machine reconciliation for the money to be proved taken by the machine and credited back to account = a term of 2 months for a 5 minute job.

Not taking into account they tried the fraud route. The chap said ignore the letter once the money was returned to the account.
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 24 December 2015, 09:47.

Comment

Had to chase Halifax/lloyds with a threat to go to regulator yesterday by e-mail, sent copies of signed for complaint about incident including all dates times of incident and chasing up dates times, 40 days was to-day. they finally rang O.H. full of apologies as usual and offered £50.00 compensation , she agreed, just proves they were not going to respond to the formal complaint if I had not sent e-mail yesterday pointing out in no uncertain terms that the next step would be Regulator etc.

Comment

Working...
            X