GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Overdraft Charges. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overdraft Charges.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdraft Charges.

I have a friend (really), who has a HBSC current account. She is terrible with money, and for a long time, has incurred £25 overdraft set up
    fees, as well as other fees, i believe.
    She is going to close this account down soon (got her a nationwide account), and hopefully, with an authorised overdraft. (18.9% apr), but at least now overdraft set up fees.
    Her credit score is low (1/5 on noddle).

HSBC are going to debit her like 150 quid or something, which is all fees this month.

Is there any precedent to claim back some of these rip off fees ? and if so,, where should i be looking ?

Re: Overdraft Charges.

Hi, sorry I can't help, I'm sure someone with greater knowledge will be along soon.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Overdraft Charges.

You can claim back some bank fees but it isn't easy.

What are your friend's circumstances. For instance, is your friend disable, struggling to pay for food or regularly incurring charges for returned payments? It might be worth her writing to the bank explaining her circumstances in full and asking if they would refund the fees. If they refuse she may have to take it up with FOS.

If she has any money in the account I'd get her to withdraw it asap. £150 a month just for fees is ridiculous!
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X