GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

As promised Lady Hooray's log box is now on it's 4th color She wants Duck Egg Blue, she keeps buying Battleship Grey. Surely someone else must realise that's she's color blind!
    Theres only one Duck Egg and thats not the color.

At least I managed to get away from the F&B paint.

Lady H insists that we use oil based eggshell for everything. She cant understand why very few manufacturers make it any more, after all whats the environment got to do with paint.

Then she can't understand why I tell her that we cant change the color by mixing emulsion or distemper with it. I had to say "what happens when you mix oil and water like a salad dressing". "Well it curdles" she said. Point made 1-0 to Handy

Talking about Cordon Blue cookery which she did at finishing School, It's a shame they never did food hygiene back in the 50's. If she has guests at the weekend, she starts preparing the food on Monday.

Where handy comes from Well Hung means something entirely different, not 3 weeks old and stinking.

I have figured out why they consume so much drink at these dinner parties, If you drink enough It kills 99% of all known germs.

A shepherd I knew when I worked in Bonnie Jockland, got his water supply from a stream off the hill. Normally it was so peat stained it was the color of tea. I asked him did want me to get him a jerry can of fresh water from my spring. Och he said when it gets twa bad, I just put less in ma whusky.

When I took Lord Hooray on his last Glorious 12th to Scotland, we were following the shooting party up the hill when his Lordship stopped at a small pool at the side of the path, Handy he said I'm going to have a drink of water from that pool, Highland water is the cleanest purest anywhere in the world.

With that he knelt down got a handful and started to drink. One of the keepers was passing and shouted Och mon thas fool O coo sharn. (translated don't drink the water its full of Cow Sh1t) and pointed to the herd of Highland cattle drinking from the stream a little further up the hill.

My Good Man said his Lordship, I'm English and Cant understand you.
    Och tha's welcome said the keeper, use both hands if you've a mind to.

Regards all, Handy.
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Good yin handy,

The Greetin-faced auld git deserved a swig of the Mawkit water, he’d hav gone a bit Peely Wally if he knew wit he wiz swigging though.

Gerry

Comment

Another otherwise dull day, beautifully enlightened and enhanced by the tales of Handy.
        Thank you, kind sir!
        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Guaranteed to make you SMILE

Brilliant as always.

xxxxxxxxx

Comment

Listen to you guys! Many a late night there used to be Handy and me sat in the old NTN threads on MSE and all we done was sit there and read these stories, my workies couldn't understand how I could be sitting there in stitches, at something from a screen! Ermmm, you need to read Handys tales then!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Listen to you guys! Many a late night there used to be Handy and me sat in the old NTN threads on MSE and all we done was sit there and read these stories, my workies couldn't understand how I could be sitting there in stitches, at something from a screen! Ermmm, you need to read Handys tales then!

Ahhhhh back in the good ol days eh Nid..

I'm so glad that Handy has his own thread now - much more in his element eh!

xx

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                his Lordship stopped at a small pool at the side of the path, Handy he said I'm going to have a drink of water from that pool, Highland water is the cleanest purest anywhere in the world.

With that he knelt down got a handful and started to drink. One of the keepers was passing and shouted Och mon thas fool O coo sharn. (translated don't drink the water its full of Cow Sh1t) and pointed to the herd of Highland cattle drinking from the stream a little further up the hill.
                And that my friend, is why you should only drink from the hills when the water is running

There's an outdoor water supply near Blaigowrie and the water is amazing - it runs fresh and clear all year round and has done for years and years - I've often stopped when I've been passing to fill up a bottle!!
                Last edited by Angelic; 3 March 2011, 22:37.
                Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                  And that my friend, is why you should only drink from the hills when the water is running

There's an outdoor water supply near Blaigowrie and the water is amazing - it runs fresh and clear all year round and has done for years and years - I've often stopped when I've been passing to fill up a bottle!!
                  I could tell a few horror stories about water from the hills when I used to go climbing. That's for another episode, but I have a good Mate in Blairgowrie, The Giant Findlay. When I first introduced Mrs Handy to him I warned her, There's only one thing Tam allows you to put in his Scotch, and thats another Scotch. lol.

Sorry I don't have an update tonight, I have been busy next door. There is spam to be eaten and trolls to be bashed. But don't worry I'm almost a full convert.

BTW, Gerry you sound like my Uncle Micky (God Bless Him) I haven't heard of anyone being Peely Wally for years.

Uncle Mick was the prototype Rab C Nesbitt. Och the Nights I have had propping up a bar in Barrowlands with him (I Think?). When he came to live with us for a while in Arbroath he had a choking fit on a glass of Scotch.
                  I got the Doctor out to him. When she arrived he was dozing in a chair. Mr McHandy she said are you all right.
                  He opened and eye and said who's this.

It's the date I promised you uncle I said,
                  He looked the Lady Doctor up and down.
                  You could have got me one a dammed site better looking than this he said.

Afterwards I was talking to her in another room, she was crying with laughter as I did my best to appologise
                  Not at all she said that's Glasgow Humor at it's best.

Night all, Handy.
                  Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

I could tell a few horror stories about water from the hills when I used to go climbing. That's for another episode, but I have a good Mate in Blairgowrie, The Giant Findlay. When I first introduced Mrs Handy to him I warned her, There's only one thing Tam allows you to put in his Scotch, and thats another Scotch. lol.

Sorry I don't have an update tonight, I have been busy next door. There is spam to be eaten and trolls to be bashed. But don't worry I'm almost a full convert.

BTW, Gerry you sound like my Uncle Micky (God Bless Him) I haven't heard of anyone being Peely Wally for years.

Uncle Mick was the prototype Rab C Nesbitt. Och the Nights I have had propping up a bar in Barrowlands with him (I Think?). When he came to live with us for a while in Arbroath he had a choking fit on a glass of Scotch.
                    I got the Doctor out to him. When she arrived he was dozing in a chair. Mr McHandy she said are you all right.
                    He opened and eye and said who's this.

It's the date I promised you uncle I said,
                    He looked the Lady Doctor up and down.
                    You could have got me one a dammed site better looking than this he said.

Afterwards I was talking to her in another room, she was crying with laughter as I did my best to appologise
                    Not at all she said that's Glasgow Humor at it's best.

Night all, Handy.
                    Aye your right handy there's nothing like glesga humour, i said to an auld dear in the doctors last week she looked a bit Peely Wally she cracked up laughing.

aff to ma kip

Comment

Two wee glesga boys having a blether

"Yer awfy peely-wally lookin

"Yer awfy peely-wally lookin the day wis the doaktur roon at your hoose?

Naw ah asked mah maw ifakin a huv a piece oh jam fur mha dinnur an she went mental

Whit happund

goannae gies a swigg oh yer ginger

Here but mind nay floaters

(Drinks ginger) Ahm scunnered as ma maw saiz a’l skelp yur erse if te huvnay left a slice eh breed an wiz boufin anyway. It gead me the boak.

Day ye want mah poke ah chips then?

Nah jistgeeze a toaty bit ah yer chips (Eats chips)

Day ye know Jim the Tim wiz lookin fur yer uncle Frank?

Whit? (spits chips oot) whitfurnoo?

Said he wiz a Stoat the baw.

Nat fkn danger man! Hez a tube n if he goes near ma maw a’l blooter him masel

Jim the tim’s a sleekit fkr an worth a watchin

Aye but he’s a havering, galckit tadger

But mind he will tan ye in a square go

(laughs) aye right a’l just sick the heed oan him, gies another swigg oh yer ginger

Comment

Gerry, Brilliant!.

I managed to get most of them. Mum wis frae Glesga. When I was wee, I was I used to read Oor Wullie in the paper. Most of my summers were spent at my cousins in Easterhooses.

Living in South Yorks and having some of my Mums twang made me talk differently from the other kids, I was accused of having Electocution lessons by the School Bully.

Happy days.
                        Regards, Handy.

Comment

I managed to get most of them. Mum wis frae Glesga. When I was wee, I was I used to read Oor Wullie in the paper. Most of my summers were spent at my cousins in Easterhooses..
                          The Sunday Post eh! Don't forget the Broons!
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I heard an auld granny say to a wee yin.

'IF YOU DON'T BEHAVE AH'LL PAWN YE AN' SELL THE TICKET!'

Comment

Morning all

Erm Gerry's post lost this southern lass!

xx

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                                Morning all

Erm Gerry's post lost this southern lass!

xx
                                Me too, another bewildered suvverner!
                                Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                                SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Working...
                                X