GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    A

Anyway, Handy is back home with Mrs H.
    I bet you're glad to have her back?!
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
      I bet you're glad to have her back?!
      Ask me again in 24 hours

Seriously though, looks like she's done her leg again. Doctors to day if we can get an appointment, if not looks like a trip to A&E.

Coffee time then get sorted out for the day ahead.

Regards, Handy
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

As for the self portraits, 2 reasons really
        Regards, Handy
        Surely post 803 isn't a self portrait!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
          Surely post 803 isn't a self portrait!
          That's me the old Black Dog Himself

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

I mean it - you're not at all what I expected!! Not that I really had an expectation of what you looked like, you're just not what I didn't expect to see, if you see what I mean?!
            I didn't know what to expect first time I met Handy, him turnining up in a "no dad", the pics might have helped

Sorry to hear mrs H is having bother with the legs again, maybe you should fit her with stabalisers
            It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Guys and Gals beat this for a late night chuckle

Just don't show it to her ladyship Handy else she'll get paranoid

SC

Comment

Well I could have bet money on it, just an hour after my post this morning, Lady Hooray went from 0 to bitch in under 6 seconds

This time it was over the number of paint tins in the shed, over 70 of them . How many are yours she asked, 4 was my answer. Why so many? well you stopped me from thowing them out in case you needed to match any of the colours from 3 houses ago

Now most folk would make a note of the name and number of the paint and where it was used. Not the boss she doesn't think that way, in fact she doesn't think full stop.

This morning I got a lecture on economics, she is worried she is overspending. This is someone who can run up a £300 per month bill at the local farm shop just on fruit and veg.

Anyway it's show off time because her Son Cromwell (The one who used to work for the infamous bank Goldbloom Sucks) is down from town (London) for a few days.

When she came back from town this morning it was Handy I need your help to empty the back of my car of these cases of wine.

Just a minute I said crawling out from under the ride on mower,
                I need to wash my hands first.

No it will only take a minute to do it now she insisted.

So I waved my hands right in front of her nose, I was covered in a mixture of sump oil, Grass clippings and a selection of Terrier and Sheep Sh1t right up to my elbows.

Do you want me to do it now? I asked or do you want me to decorate the boxes with this mixture, I doubt it would improve the bouquet.

I got my minute to clean up.

I can see it's going to be another one of those weeks.

Other things happened later on, no need to go into detail, but Handy finished the day 2 Nil so it wasn't too bad.

Regards to all, Handy

Comment

She is such a cow!!
                  Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                  Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

She is such a cow!!
                    This has been said,

It's like water off a Ducks back these days. I actually enjoy my job most of the time. It never gets boring, sometimes unbearable but hey ho doesn't every job. Problem is at the end of the day it's not like I can get in my car and drive away.

At least my travel expenses are zero these days, I just have to step through the door and I'm at work.

If anyone wonders why I'm up early again it's bins day. I am just off to load the car with the bin bags and take them to the road end for collection. Why cant they collect at a sensible time?

Regards for now, Handy

Comment

She is such a cow!!
                      Cow's can be compassionate Angelic....Lady is not....more like an urban fox I'd say...on heat

SC

Comment

I still wouldn't mind a job like yours Handy, even if the boss is a cow/urban fox (aren't they all?)

Loved the clip SC - good to see men making a fool of themselves as well as the women.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Handy I have just found you a robo rat for trapfly or Lady...

For the rat itself try

Remote Controlled Rat: Amazon.co.uk: Toys Games

Yay...I just found clever clogs a robo rat - pity your M+S lingerie store on april fools LOL

SC

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                            I still wouldn't mind a job like yours Handy, even if the boss is a cow/urban fox (aren't they all?)
                            Evening all. Hi Pix, your right I have had worse employers. If nothing else this one is honest.

The other bonus is I nearly always have something to Moan Talk about.

Like I keep telling Mrs H, the way things are at the moment any job that pays the bills is worth hanging on too. Down here in the South West we have not been affected to badly yet. The Building and Gardening Trades are still holding their own. In fact I know of some firms that have full order books into next year.

This is due to a lot of rich second home owners in the area. Most are quite happy to pay London prices, because they don't know better.

Contrast that with my old home town oop north. Massive unemployment. Just look at how long it took Numpty to find work.
                            (Not the same town, but close).

Still I am gathering data for a thread I would like to start on rural poverty. It may seem romantic living under a thatched roof, but poverty is universal no matter what type of roof you live under. Plus in the sticks folk, especially the elderly do not have access to the same support and services found in the towns.
                            Even subsidised travel is ending for many, Even on routes that only operate once or twice a week.

Mrs Handy would like to be nearer DD and Kids but they would only take the mick.

If I had a choice I would be back to Scotland and the Highlands like a shot. I tried to make it up there and failed miserably, but I still love the place.

2nd choice is where we are now. Pleasant Climate, nice country folk (in the main) and preserved apples (Scrumpy)

I got my trees planted, the ground was as hard as iron. After I cut my way through the tangle of roots from the tree we cut down last week it took nearly an hour for each hole with the pick.

No wonder in the last 2 weeks I have got back down to a 30 inch waist. I need to get another couple of pairs of cheap work jeans at the weekend. I felt like a 17 year old this afternoon as my ass was hanging out of my jeans for most of the time .

Enough rambling for now.

Regards to all, Handy

Comment

Just noticed your logged on Should'nt you be working
                              Last edited by Deepie; 12 October 2011, 10:23.

Comment

Hey Handy

sorry been really neglecting your thread!! I will have a major catch up xx

Comment

Working...
                                X